We are looking for an experienced full-time Staff Accountant/CPA to manage the day-to-day accounting for multiple businesses with exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail.
To be successful in this position you’ll need the ability to multi-task and prioritize projects to complete tasks on short time lines, and to be a quick learner that thrives in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision. We are a cloud-based company with multiple cloud-based software programs for practice management, accounting, property management, tax preparation, etc.
***MUST be able to complete the following current projects with minimal guidance:
· Chart of accounts development and implementation: aggregating COAs for multiple investment property businesses, supplementing COA with sample COA, numbering and deploying COA in accounting/property management software
· Tax preparation for multiple partnerships and corporations: financial statement review and reconciliation, prepare trial balance/propose journal entries, prepare tax returns
· Develop/revamp job costing process: Improve/create process to reconcile and bill all timesheet entries and materials for a construction business
· Forecasting/cash flow projections for multiple business and apartment: analyze historical financial statements, reconcile prior budgets, prepare annual budget/cash flow
We offer a competitive salary based on experience, great benefits package and a relaxed but productive professional work environment. Our employees work together as team with a commitment to excellence.
- Prepare income tax returns for individuals, partnerships, trusts, and Corporations (S & C)
- Full AP duties
- Full AR duties
- General bookkeeping duties (journal entries, maintain fixed asset ledgers, reconciliations)
- Monitor and reconcile bank accounts and credit cards
- Month-end closing and preparation of financial reports/statements
- Job costing (time and materials) AP and AR entries
- Payroll processing and timesheet reconciliation flor multiple businesses
- Forecasting/pro-forma, budgeting, and budget reconciliation for multiple businesses
- The above is not a complete list of responsibilities and is subject to change.
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Exceptional organizational and project management skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks and manage deadlines
- Ability to take full ownership of a task/project with minimal guidance and supervision
- Extensive experience with data entry, record keeping, and computer operation
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
- Exceptional computer proficiency
- Expertise in Quickbooks Desktop/Quickbooks Online
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) - intermediate/advanced level
- Experience with CCH Access/Profx a plus
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- CPA Certification or Candidate
- Four-year college degree (aka Bachelor’s degree) or minimum of five (5) years work experience in all responsibilities
- 2+ years' experience working in a fast-paced, small business office setting
- Experience with property accounting a plus but not required
- Benefits include company paid medical, dental and vision
- 401(k) with company match
- 10 paid days off for observed holidays
- 10 additional days paid time off (PTO) accrued per pay period
TO APPLY, contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org along with your resume and compensation requirements.