We are looking for a full-time Recording Clerk to fill the position recording documents in Marin, Sonoma, Lake and Mendocino County Recorders office.
This position requires strong administrative skills and the ability to work well under tight deadlines.
The shift will be 7am- 4pm M-F. Hours may change on some days due to coverage needs in the office. Depending on workload, there may be some overtime.
Overtime is required on the last business day of the month.
You MUST be a prompt person and be reliable.
1.Role and Responsibilities
Recording Clerk will be responsible for abstracting documents, preparing them for recording requirements per County Recorder requirements and customer requirements, correcting documents as needed and processing the recording confirmation in a timely manner. Ability to communicate rejections effectively to customers as applicable. Other clerical duties include: running names on the Recorder's index, learning the internal operating procedures and technical systems of SYNRGO, communicating with clients effectively and professionally via telephone and email, work in a team environment, general email/office functions as well as other general clerical duties.
- Exceptional computer skills
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Positive attitude
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as be disciplined enough to work independently
- Must be able to multi task, process large volumes of work while meeting strict deadlines
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Availability and willingness to work a flexible schedule, including overtime at times
- Clean criminal record/background - DOJ background check will be performed prior to hire
- Minimum one (1) year of relevant work experience preferred but not required
- Some experience with real estate related documents preferred, but can be trained
- Clean DMV record, valid CA Driver License, Valid CA Vehicle Registration and valid proof of car insurance