Regulated Research Associate
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Syngenta is a global leader in agriculture; rooted in science and dedicated to bringing plant potential to life. Each of our 28,000 employees in more than 90 countries work together to solve one of humanity’s most pressing challenges: growing more food with fewer resources. A diverse workforce and an inclusive workplace environment are enablers of our ambition to be the most collaborative and trusted team in agriculture. Our employees reflect the diversity of our customers, the markets where we operate and the communities which we serve. Join us and help shape the future of agriculture.
At Syngenta, we believe every employee has a role to play in safely feeding the world and taking care of our planet. To support that challenge, the Stanton Trialing Team is currently seeking a Regulatory Research Associate 2 to be located in Stanton, MN
This role will provide the highest quality field trial data through timely and accurate note collection and sound trial execution. This includes supporting local trialing efforts to create superior products, as well as assisting the Trialing Manager’s targeted goals by continuously innovating and driving optimal field trial management. This role will have a focus on Regulatory Compliance as well as Syngenta’s internal Regulatory Procedures
- Functioning as an integral member of a team responsible for a full range of seasonal routine tasks including but not limited to planning, actively communicating, packaging, planting, note taking, and harvesting yield trials.
- Operation and in-field maintenance of agricultural machinery and/or agricultural research equipment.
- Supporting efforts to maintain integrity of seed packaging, field layout, planting, data collection, and harvesting.
- Performing all tasks and behaving in a manner compliant with and in support of all safety and stewardship-related company policies and practices, including completing all required company training courses.
- Supervising operational teams that include third-party contract labor and Syngenta full-time staff on and off site to achieve data-driven results and resolves minor problems or complaints.
- Planting, phenotyping, pollinating, harvest
- Effectively communicating regularly with peers and supervisors regarding the status of projects and work activities.
- Trialing site Stewardship and Training coordinator
- Regulatory contact for USDA and/or State Agency
- Bachelor’s Degree in an agriculture-related discipline and/or relevant experience.
- Understanding and demonstrated use of modern agronomic practices.
- Proficiently communicate and work well as part of a team.
- Pesticide Applicators License Holder or ability to acquire
- Must be able to work with a moderate level of supervision while traveling to off-site locations to accurately collect and manage data obtained from trials.
- Plant, spray, maintain, and harvest crop trials to meet deadlines.
- Must possess strong attention to detail and an unrelenting commitment to quality.
- Good organization skills and explains tasks to others.
- Model Syngenta’s commitment to safety, sustainability and product stewardship.
- Knowledge of best practices in agronomic management.
- Ability to use MS Office, Smart sheets and other standard office software.
- Ability to use and support proprietary IT systems for data collection/analysis, tracking agronomic practices, and metric and KPI tracking.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS OF THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
Capable of working in high or low temperature conditions in field or greenhouse. Capable of lifting up to 50 pounds. Capable of working long hours during time-critical periods of the growing season
WORKING CONDITIONS WHILE PERFORMING ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
Field, greenhouse, laboratory, office. Potential allergens, pollen, fungal spores, chemical pesticides in the field or greenhouse.
Seasonal travel to off station testing locations, project meetings. Domestic and international travel required with seasonal overnight stays.
- Experience with precision agriculture equipment and software systems.
- A basic understanding of plant genetics and breeding is desirable.
- Clear understanding of the practices and procedures that impact trial data precision and accuracy.
- CDL Class A with Airbrakes or ability to acquire.
- Coordinate and manage workload to complete objectives and tasks.
- Receives and passes complex information on to required parties while making calculations and straightforward analysis as needed.
- Takes a broad perspective to problems and identifies issues and patterns from partial conflicting data or information.
- Willingness and motivation to learn, implement and champion new technologies.
- Demonstrated initiative and implementation of specific, measurable performance objectives.
- History of implementation of continuous improvements and new innovations.
- Familiarity with seed technology industry and plant breeding methodologies.
- Knowledge of or experience with Almaco or precision planting equipment.
- Knowledge of or experience operating commercial or research combines.
What We Offer:
- Full Benefit Package (Medical, Dental & Vision) that starts the same day you do
- 401k plan with company match, Profit Sharing & Retirement Savings Contribution
- Paid Vacation, 9 Paid Holidays, Maternity and Paternity Leave, Education Assistance, Wellness Programs, Corporate Discounts among others
- A culture that promotes work/life balance, celebrates diversity and offers numerous family-oriented events throughout the year
Syngenta is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
Equal Employment Opportunity Commission's (EEOC)
Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA)
ScienceView all jobs at Syngenta Seeds
Get fresh Agricultural Research Scientist jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.