Seedcare Application Manager
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
As a world market leader in crop protection, we help farmers to counter these threats and ensure enough safe, nutritious, affordable food for all –while minimizing the use of land and other agricultural inputs. Syngenta Crop Protection keeps plants safe from planting to harvesting. From the moment a seed is planted through to harvest, crops need to be protected from weeds, insects and diseases as well as droughts and floods, heat and cold.
Syngenta Crop Protection is headquartered in Switzerland.Job Description
At Syngenta, we are working to build the most collaborative and trusted team in agriculture that provides leading seeds and crop protection innovations to enhance the prosperity of farmers. We are currently seeking a Seedcare Application Manager for Syngenta’s Stanton Minnesota location.
This position will help drive Seedcare business growth by providing Seedcare Application expertise support for upstream and downstream market segments, and through implementation of application technology projects as outlined in Syngenta Seedcare Product, Application and Services (PAS) strategy. The Seedcare Application Manager will also manage a team of Seedcare Application Specialists and Lab Technicians responsible for evaluation of Seedcare product quality and application performance.
- Manage a team of lab technicians responsible for evaluation of Seedcare product quality and application performance. Set direction on training to internal and external customers.
- Support launch and marketing plans of Seedcare product brands, key account and crop management teams in Syngenta's key and strategic market segments.
- Develop Seedcare application service strategy for the US Seedcare market through close collaboration with Seedcare product leads and other commercial stakeholders;
- Lead development and delivery of Seedcare application training for US sales organization including delivery of technical service support for Syngenta sales force at seed treatment customers. Partner with SCI operations specialist to enhance in-person and virtual customer training capabilities
- Working with commercial units and other stakeholders, establish priority customers who should be targeted with SCI services and equipment upgrade investments to secure new business opportunities for Syngenta Seedcare.
- Develop and deliver comprehensive services to key accounts through the Product-Application-Services (PAS) service offer by partnering closely with key account leads. Maintain SCI customer service segmentation program (KAM tool).
- Lead a team of contract lab technicians responsible for quality evaluation of new seed applied technology, determine whether advancement to market is feasible, and make appropriate recommendations to internal stakeholders based on study findings. Lead Large scale validation trials prior to new product introductions
- Lead continuous improvement and maintenance of Seedcare Resource Center with new features, digital service offers and use reinforcement with customers.
- Work closely with Seedcare formulation team to support creation of Product Design Specification (PDS) and further testing and validation of new formulations pre- and post-stage C
- Work with IT Seedcare Business Partner and SCI Facility Engineer on screening and implementation of new digital platforms that streamline current processes and increase team efficiency
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree (preferably in Ag Engineering or related area)
- High mechanical aptitude for equipment and plant operations
- Effective communication skills for interactions with customers and internal stakeholders
- Technical capability to design and conduct seed treatment application testing
- Understanding of seed and seed treatment industry
- Familiarity with the business scope (technology, customers, processes etc.)
- Experience in leading a team of technical specialists & Project management
- Customer relationship management & experience with Seed Plant Operations to build confidence with customers
- Knowledge of seed treatment application, seed quality and formulation chemistry
- Experience in troubleshooting and root cause analysis
- Project management expertise
- A culture that celebrates diversity & inclusion, promotes professional development, and strives for a work-life balance that supports the team members. Offers flexible work options to support your work and personal needs
- Full Benefit Package (Medical, Dental & Vision) that starts your first day
- 401k plan with company match, Profit Sharing & Retirement Savings Contribution
- Paid Vacation, Paid Holidays, Maternity and Paternity Leave, Education Assistance, Wellness Programs, Corporate Discounts, among other benefits
Syngenta has been ranked as a top employer by Science Journal.
Learn more about our team and our mission here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVCN_51GbNI
Syngenta is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)(http://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/fmla.htm)
Equal Employment Opportunity Commission's (EEOC)(http://webapps.dol.gov/elaws/firststep/poster_direct.htm)
Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA)(http://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/eppa.htm)
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Syngenta Crop Protection
TechnologyView all jobs at Syngenta Crop Protection
Get fresh Farmers Markets jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.