We are currently seeking to hire a Senior VMware Systems Engineer to become an integral part of our development team! You will design and test operating systems-level software and network distribution software. This position maintains a healthy storage and computing environment with appropriate access, security, availability, performance, capacity, and backups for productivity, efficiency, and business continuity. A special expertise is required in data storage, server hardware, virtualization, and supporting overall infrastructure.
- Deploys solutions in partnership with infrastructure peers resulting in minimal customer impact and provides documentation and training to successfully transition operational responsibilities
- Designs enterprise-level storage systems/solutions and VMWare ESXi virtualization platform based on the business requirements which are secure/robust/reliable/scalable and aligned with the enterprise architecture principles.
- Provides technical evaluations, consulting, design for projects as required by the business.
- Be the subject matter expert in current storage systems such as Dell Compellent SC8000, FS8600, EMC VNX5300, EMC VNXe3100 and other future storage deployments.
- Owns the end-to-end virtualization platform from backend storage systems to fabric switches and zoning to end point servers or ESXi hosts.
- Possesses strong knowledge in Microsoft stack technology such as MS OS (Server 2012,2016, MS SQL 2014, and End Client OS)
- Possesses strong knowledge in server technology like HP Blade Enclosure C7000, BL620 servers,
- Cisco UCS chassis/Blade systems and HP Virtual Connect Flex10 as well as Dell M1000e Enclosure and Dell M160e.
- Develops and document operating practices and standards
- Advances troubleshooting and incident resolution from storage/data backup perspective in concert with the external service provider (who will provide hands-on activities) and recommend continuous improvement actions.
- Evaluates the Root Cause Analysis documentation provided by the external service provider and follow up on the actions identified.
Knowledge and Skills Requirements:
- HP, Dell and similar server hardware and firmware
- Hyper Converged infrastructure hardware and software such as Nutanix
- VMware and similar server virtualization
- Additional virtualization technologies, such as those for applications, networking and storage
- Server and cloud management solutions
- Orchestration and automation software stacks
- Automation programming and policies
- Operating systems, such as Microsoft Windows and RedHat Linux
- Amazon Web Services or similar public cloud environments
- Dell Compellent, EMC VNX and similar enterprise storage
- Robocopy, rsync and similar data replication solutions
- PowerShell, Perl, and other programming languages for automation
- Connected infrastructure, including networking, and external clouds
- Infrastructure services, such as LDAP, Active Directory, FTP, SQL databases and Citrix
- University degree (preferably in Computer Science) and 8 years’ experience or 10-12 years of relevant work experience
- 5 years of Windows Server or Linux server operating systems experience
- 4 years of server hardware experience
- 4 years of data storage experience
- 3 years of virtualization experience
- VMware VCP, MCSE or similar certifications are a plus
- Knowledge of the ITIL framework or similar models for IT workflow
- Knowledge of DevOps culture, methodologies and technologies is a plus
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy laws and practices is a plus