The Art Director position is responsible for forming a productive and successful creative partnership to conceive, develop, and produce effective communications campaigns for our clients. Delivering success for our clients while also helping to build the agency’s creative reputation while often working on several campaigns at once, the Art Director is involved at all stages of a project, from initial concepts, to the completion of a finished product.
- Works with Account Service to gather information about a product or service and develops and executes creative concepts.
- Works with Copywriters to create ideas for campaigns and individual ads.
- Executes layouts for broadcast, magazine, outdoor media and television storyboards, as well as collateral and point-of-purchase materials. Presents layouts and storyboards to the Creative Director for approval.
- Supervises and executes specification and design of typography, retouching and cropping of final art.
- Has good working knowledge of photography, illustration, print and broadcast production. Supervises photography and illustration as required.
- Maintains good working relationships with external suppliers of art, design, type, photography, film and video.
- Completes projects on time and on budget.
- Stays current with the latest techniques, photographers, illustrators, etc.
- Maintains knowledge of and skill with creative Macintosh software and keeps abreast of changes and new technology.