Our company is looking for an energetic Administrative Assistant in Geneva, IL.
Under the direct supervision of the Accounting Manager this position provides administrative and secretarial support for various departments. In addition to filing and invoicing, performs duties such as training record keeping, KPI updates, coordinate luncheons/ meetings and conferences, obtaining office supplies, coordinating direct mailings, and working on special projects. Also, answers non-routine correspondence and assembles highly confidential and sensitive information. Deals with a diverse group of important external callers and visitors as well as internal contacts at all levels of the organization. Independent judgment is required to plan, prioritize and organize diversified workload.
- Schedules and organizes complex activities such as meetings, travel, conferences and department activities for all members of the department.
- Establishes, develops, maintains and updates filing system for the various departments. Retrieves information from files when needed. Organizes and prioritizes volumes of information and calls.
- Sorts and distributes mail. Opens mail for the various departments. Drafts written responses or replies by phone or e-mail when necessary. Responds to regularly occurring requests for information
- Answers main phone line and takes messages or fields/answers all routine and non-routine questions. Handles confidential and non-routine information and explains policies when necessary.
- Works independently and within a team on special nonrecurring and ongoing projects. Planning and coordinating multiple presentations, disseminating information, coordinating direct mailings, creating birthday and anniversary notices.
- Types and designs general correspondences, memos, charts, tables, graphs, business plans, etc. Proofreads copy for spelling, grammar and layout, making appropriate changes. Responsible for accuracy and clarity of final copy.
- Supports accounting in maintenance of the department finances. Activities include: copying check requests and sending to accounts payable travel reimbursement, documenting corporate credit card expenses to corporate finance, fill in for Accounting as needed and obtain banking, AP/AR information with confidentiality
Monday - Friday 8:00am - 5:00pm
Compensation: $40K - $45K depending on experience