USDA is looking for a Secretary 3 in Atlanta, GA for a 1 year contract with option to extend to 3 more years. Must be a US Citizen and should be able to pass a 10 year extensive background check.
· The applicant shall be capable of performing administrative and clerical duties including but not limited to answering phones, taking messages, schedule meetings, travel itineraries (for their assigned government manager), typing, filing, copying and other general office duties as assigned by the supervisor.
· Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel to efficiently prepare lists of document by title and to convert near final draft documents provided by staff into standard FNS formats, and print and assemble documents for signature.
· Prepares a variety of documents, reports and correspondence under general direction.
· Demonstrates professionalism and experienced with MS Office Skills is required
· Prepare correspondence in conformance with appropriate rules, grammar, format, and assembly.
· Create and manage Microsoft Excel spread sheets, as needed.
· Maintain calendars, receive telephone calls, and visitors for the Division.
· Manage scheduling and prepare daily packages for meetings and events.
· Prepare items for discussions and tracking.
· Ascertain the nature of the inquiries, and when possible, furnish the requested information and/or refer to the appropriate program area.
· Prepare necessary materials (agendas, handouts, etc.) for meetings;
· Prepare meeting minutes when attending meetings;
· File original and electronic documents.
· Discuss work related tasks utilizing good oral and writing skills.
· Managing government vehicles in accordance with Federal requirements.
· Perform a wide range of assignments related to management of personal property (such as laptops, audio/video conference equipment) including, but not limited to receipt and PERFORMANCE WORK STATEMENT 2 placement of property, record-keeping and reporting, physical inventories, maintenance, audio equipment availability, etc.
· Consistently demonstrates professionalism, fairness, cooperation and respect towards co-workers and customers.
· Other duties as assigned.