Scientific Writer / Editor
Synergy America, inc Atlanta, GA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
We are currently looking for a Scientific Writer / Editor for 1 year+ contract position for Atlanta, GA. The individual will aid in providing Scientific editorial strategies for the development and clearance of scientific publications, presentation and other related materials across the Center.
Skills for Scientific Writer / Editor:
· 4 + years of experience in writing and editing both electronic and print Scientific Publications. This includes experience in:
· Editing and proofreading public health documents and information including web content, fact sheets, press releases, speeches, reports, and articles for medical and scientific journals
· Editing and proofreading internal documents such as policy and procedure handbooks, style guides, emails, short- and long-term plans, policies, and communication strategies
· Collaborating with scientific authors, subject matter experts, and internal print/publishing staff
· Ensure that written material is well organized and grammatically correct, and that sentence structure and choice of words is clear, simple, appropriate
· Determine the reading level of the target audience and ensure that writing is appropriate
· Act as in-house expert on grammar and punctuation
· Make technical information clear and understandable for the public
· At a minimum, the individual must have a Bachelors in English, Communications, Journalism, or similar field required (Master’s degree preferred with a high preference for MPH individuals).
· Demonstrated familiarity with scientific terminology, regulatory writing styles, standards & procedures, and Government Plain language guidance.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office and SharePoint.
· Must be able to work independently in a fast-paced environment and be able to follow through to ensure the completion of assigned duties.
Responsibilities for Scientific Writer / Editor:
· Will provide editorial and communications support to program management and scientific staff regarding style guidelines, rules and scientific approval of publications.
· Will review written scientific and communication materials in the scientific clearance chain.
· Will review documents and provide feedback on effective approaches for communicating scientific messages important to the achievement of the Client’s and program objectives.
· Will define the intended audience and determining the most appropriate method of presentation, including reviewing content of written materials and establishing the most appropriate writing style and layout and design for the intended audience.
· Will provide editorial support to staff on a variety of written materials, including scientific, administrative, legal, and regulatory information documents. In particular, the contractor shall generate or edit program related documents intended for rule making and regulation.
· Will analyze written materials in terms of conformity to required style, organization, and manner of presentation, and reorganizes and revises text.
· Will draft justifications for the materials to be produced; describe their purpose and impact; recommend paper, print, and binding specifications; and estimates cost.
· Will provide programmatic and administrative support including policy and press responses
Synergy America, inc
EducationView all jobs at Synergy America, inc