We are looking for a Post-Doctoral Researcher for a 1 year contract with CDC in Anchorage, Alaska. The position begins on September 1, 2020 for a minimum of one year, with renewal anticipated for additional years contingent on the availability of funds. The National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) Western States Division (WSD) is seeking a Post-Doctoral Researcher to advance research on work-related injury and illness hazards among high-risk worker populations. Candidates must be U.S. Citizens and be able to clear an extensive (10-year background check / clearance investigation) by CDC.
The candidate should have received a doctoral degree in epidemiology, public health, occupational safety and health, biostatistics, economics, or a related field with demonstrated quantitative research experience.
· Experience or knowledge of methods to conduct scientific literature reviews and media scans
· Experience or knowledge of various study designs
· Experience with analyzing data and interpreting, writing, and disseminating results of research projects
· A record of scientific productivity demonstrated by publications and presentations
· Experience with statistical software; Stata preferred
· Ability to work independently and in multidisciplinary teams
· Review existing literature and data on occupational safety and health issues to help identify research priorities;
· Perform data entry, acquisition, and analysis on fatal and nonfatal work-related injuries and illnesses among workers in high-risk industries, such as aviation and maritime, by accessing databases at the WSD Anchorage office;
· Analyze data from a survey of aviation industry workers to identify risk factors for injury and illness outcomes;
· Draft written reports, create presentations, and produce scientific manuscripts describing the results of work-related injury and illness research in high-risk industries;
· Assist in the design and development of research projects; and
· Provide research support on other projects as needed.
· Travel to a scientific conference will be provided.