Deputy County Administrator / Chief Operating Officer
- Vision , Medical , Dental , Life Insurance
Gwinnett County is seeking a Deputy County Administrator / Chief Operating Officer to join our senior leadership team in Lawrenceville, GA. Relocation assistance available – Out of state candidates encouraged to apply. This is an executive-level position reporting directly to the County Administrator with significant interaction with the Board of Commissioners. With limited direction, this position supervises three Assistant County Administrators responsible for strategy development and general oversight and support in the areas of Public Safety (Police, Fire and Emergency Services, and Corrections); Planning and Infrastructure (Planning and Development, Transportation, Water Resources, and Support Services); and Community Services (Community Services and Child Advocacy and Juvenile Services). The incumbent is expected to possess the necessary skills and experience to make and effectively communicate executive-level decisions in these areas of responsibility and support Assistant County Administrators in collaborative strategy development.
Department Directors, per employment agreement, report to the County Administrator. However, functionally, the County Administrator will delegate certain responsibilities and corresponding authority to the Deputy County Administrator/COO and Assistant County Administrators to allow for effective support, oversight, and management of operations.
Essential Duties, as directed and authorized by the County Administrator:
· Ensure the proper communication and execution of directives, decisions, policies, resolutions, ordinances, and regulations.
· Partner with the Deputy County Administrator/CFO and Assistant County Administrator/Chief of Staff, to ensure proper communication between departments and effective execution of shared and complimentary processes.
· Develop working relationships with the offices of Elected Officials and Constitutional Officers.
Successful candidates must possess high ethics, integrity, and humility along with a desire to embrace and promote an inclusive and demanding culture. Ideal candidates will have both the comfort to challenge the status quo and the tact to minimize disruption while doing so. A strong track record in people-management is desired as well as demonstrated leadership capacity and a working knowledge of governmental finance.
The grade for this position is 500.
· Master’s degree in public or business administration or related field;
· Six years of progressively responsible experience in local government management, public policy development, economic development, planning, or related experience.
**By submitting your resume, you agree to be contacted via the info given through email, phone call, or text message**
Synergy America, incLawrenceville, GA
Explore similar jobsMore Jobs Like This
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.