KSU - UITS is looking Application Support Generalist for 5 months contract Role in Kennesaw,, GA. There is a high probability that this position will telecommute for the short term and then required on-site.
Skills for Application Support Generalist:
· MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: 2 years of job-related experience
· Experience installing and supporting cloud based and on-premises enterprise applications
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills with a focus on customer service & the ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technology staff
· Ability to work well within a team environment
· Ability to prioritize, attention to details, and organizational skills.
· ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS: (Preferred qualifications)
· 2 years of experience working in Higher Education
· Experience with Windows and/or Linux servers, IIS, Apache, etc.
Responsibilities for Application Support Generalist:
· The Application Support Generalist is responsible for support and maintenance of on-premises and cloud-based enterprise applications and systems and functions as liaison between end users and technical support staff.
· Provides support and maintenance of on-premises and cloud-based enterprise applications including but not limited to: management of user accounts, system configuration, security settings, problem resolution, monitoring, testing, troubleshooting, documenting, and providing end-user training
· Works closely with multiple internal teams across disparate groups to resolve client support issues
· Understands customer requests and provides support for departments throughout the University
· Update and resolve service request and tickets in a timely and professional manner
· Escalates issues to more senior staff as appropriate
· Other duties as assigned