KSU - UITS is
looking Senior Application Developer for 3 months contract Role in Kennesaw,
GA. Engineers and executes the full life-cycle of complex software
solutions, including research, new development, prototyping, modification,
reuse, re-engineering, maintenance, documentation, and other related activities
that result in software-based products, ensuring their security, stability,
integrity, and recovery.
Skills for Senior
· Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution
of higher education or an equivalent combination of relevant education and/or
experience. Five (5) years of development experience.
· Experience within a higher-education environment
· Experience with Agile development methodologies
· Experience with distributed revision control systems
· Experience with continuous integration
· Proficiency with one or more of the following
technologies and concepts: Python, PHP, ASP.NET, and Java; - Django, Bootstrap,
and JQuery; SQL and PL/SQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL, MySQL, and MS-SQL; Git;
object-oriented design; data modeling; containerization.
for Senior Application Developer:
· Designs and develops applications and
integrations according to specifications using appropriate programming
languages, tools, development methodologies, and adhering to relevant
standards, while communicating progress, and delivering within scheduled
· Uses appropriate algorithms, logic, and data
structures to solve problems.
· Writes well organized, documented, and readable
· Uses appropriate revision control practices.
· Develops test plans and ensuring that code is
well tested, covering expected cases and exceptions
· Works constructively and collaboratively to
· Analyzes performance and function of code and
takes action to correct deficiencies.
· Assists in developing and maintaining
departmental coding standards and participates in peer code reviews.
· Understands the business processes and
translates them to software designs and specifications.
· Leads implementation on assigned projects.
· Assists in developing and enhancing the
development tool-set and core capabilities.
· Mentors and coaches staff, fostering growth and development.