Logistic Freight Broker
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
LOGISTICS OPERATIONS SPECIALIST
The Logistics Operations Specialist will oversee and facilitate the supply chain operations of our company and will coordinate personnel and processes to achieve the effective distribution of goods.
- Dispatch trucker to pick-up freight and/or arrange container loading
- Follow up on receiving commercial invoices / documents
- Recruit and coordinate logistics staff according to availabilities and requirements (e.g. truck drivers).
- Plan and track the shipment of final products according to customer requirements.
- Keep logs and records of warehouse stock, executed orders, etc.
- Completion of shipment billing as per required timelines.
- Oversee all supply chain operations.
- Facilitate or assist in customs clearance process
- Analyze and optimize logistical procedures.
- Develops the most cost-effective method to transport shipments by identifying opportunities to create milk runs, multi-stop deliveries, LTL volume shipments and order/shipment consolidations Ensure the safe and timely pick-up and delivery of shipments.
- Monitor shipments, costs, timelines, and productivity.
- Address and resolve shipment and inventory issues.
- Liaise and negotiate with suppliers and retailers.
- Answer customer queries.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Minimum 3 years of experience working for a freight forwarding company is required
- 3 years of customer service experience
- 3 years of ocean and air import experience
- Communication proficiency and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of laws and regulations for transnational shipping
- Strong spreadsheet skills (MS Excel & Google sheets)
- Ability to work with little supervision and track multiple processes
- High School Diploma/GED required
- A Degree or working towards a degree in Business Administration, Logistics, or related field preferred
- Shipping time
- Number of shipments
- Freight payment accuracy
This job primarily operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. While performing some of the duties of this job, the employee may be required to walk into the shop/warehouse and may be exposed to shop conditions, ongoing construction and various weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment may range from moderate to loud.
The employee is required to have a clean workspace in the office. In an instance where the employee is working offsite, at home, at a hotel, etc., the employee is required to have a clean workspace for virtual meetings, internally or externally with clients, vendors, etc.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle or feel. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must also occasionally lift and move up to 15 pounds.
Specific vision abilities include close vision and color vision.
Position may require remaining in a stationary position, often sitting for prolonged periods.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position (40 hours). Workdays are Monday through Friday, work times are dependent on department, projects, and supervisor’s request and approval.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Transportation and StorageView all jobs at Synergi LLC