Assistant Project Manager - Construction
- Posted: over a month ago
ASSISTANT PROJECT MANAGER
Project Manager/Senior Project Manager
The Assistant Project Manager will assist with coordination, preparation, processing, distributing, tracking all construction documentation associated with projects, development and execution of project plans and schedules, monitor project performance, and identify resources needed to complete projects upholding the company’s quality reputation and ensure 100% client satisfaction.
- Assisting with the day-to-day activities for active projects.
- Various Pre-Construction/Construction activities.
- Assist with design and engineering for awarded projects.
- Tracking, procuring, and scheduling installs of project mockups.
- Project tracking and logistics.
- Review of project specifications.
- Document preparation.
- Budget reviews and analysis.
- Create request for proposals, work orders, and purchase orders for PM review.
- Supply chain management.
- Assist with billings.
- Close out of projects.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Organizational skills
- Problem solving
- Mathematical skills
- Communication proficiency
- Time management
- Initiative and discretion in setting priorities to carry out all assignments
- Thrive in dynamic workforce relationships between coworkers, subcontractors, fabrication shops and contractors
- Microsoft Office and scheduling software
- Reading blueprints
- Financial budgeting
- A degree or working towards a degree in Engineering, Construction Management, or a related field of study
- 1-5 years’ experience working in a related construction industry
- Participate and administer the safety program 100% of the time
- Assist in maintenance of the project schedule and hit project milestones 100% of the time
- Assist Project Manager to increase profit margins through buyout, accurate forecasting, and responsible costing approvals on each project
- Aid project site supervisors and subcontractors to maintain the highest level of quality control on each project with the goal of delivering a ZERO Punchlist
- Keep project management paperwork updated in the system REAL TIME for both internal and external use (Includes change order logs, payment applications, RFI logs, submittal logs, etc.)
This job primarily operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. While performing some of the duties of this job, the employee is required to inspect projects and may be exposed to ongoing construction and various weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment may range from moderate to loud.
The employee is required to have a clean workspace in the office. In an instance where the employee is working offsite, at home, at a hotel, etc., the employee is required to have a clean workspace for virtual meetings, internally or externally with clients, vendors, etc.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle or feel. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must also occasionally lift and move up to 15 pounds.
Specific vision abilities include close vision and color vision.
Position may require remaining in a stationary position, often sitting for prolonged periods.
Personal Protective Equipment
Utilize PP&E in compliance with OSHA standard and per site specific safety programs.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position (40 hours). Workdays are Monday through Friday, work times are dependent on department, projects, and supervisor’s request and approval.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Capacity for occasional travel to local and national job sites 3-5 days per month
ConstructionView all jobs at Synergi LLC