Synergetic Media has an opening for a Videographer / Motion Graphics Artist
The staff videographer/motionographer will shoot footage, edit footage, and provide motion graphics for video production. The video / motion graphics artist will accomplish tasks related to production and post-production, working closely with the Creative Director to execute the concept through to completion.
Specific tasks and responsibilities:
- Create visual concepts using computer software to communicate ideas that inspire, inform, and captivate customers.
- Transports, sets up, and operates various production equipment including cameras, audio and video recorders, lighting equipment, props, and microphones for location and studio production.
- Operates and maintains proper levels and calibration of cameras, audio and video recorders, and other production equipment.
- Operates camera to shoot required footage.
- Reviews footage to remove poorly shot segments.
- Edits shot footage into completed form, taking in creative input from the Creative Director.
- Receives schedule and reports directly to Creative Director.
- Helps to sustain and guide the creative process.
- May assist in developing interview questions, scripts, and storyboards.
- Create engaging motion graphics to support and enhance video.
- May create animated sections both 2D and 3D to add to live action, use together, or use with solely computer-generated projects.
- Proficient with videography, Adobe Premiere and Adobe After Effects.
- Knowledge of Maya and Nuke a plus.
- Knowledgeable about principles of animation and storytelling.
- Knowledgeable about camera setup: aperture, shutter speed, ISO, etc.
- Have experience with subject lighting and audio recording.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment, a self-starter, able to work with tight deadlines.
- Have a creative eye, and the computer and mechanical skills to be successful.
- Degree in a related field, or 2+ years comparable work experience required.
Our company philosophy is to use our talents to help our clients succeed, so a few musts for any employee on our team:
- Commitment to quality and excellence
- Attention to detail
- Positive, team-player attitude
- Professional and responsible in habit
- Commitment to customer service
- Willing to learn, and flexible to change
The following skills are not required but are an advantage when applying:
- 2d / 3d Animation
- VFX skills (rotoscoping, green-screen replacement, and motion tracking)
- Music production
- Graphic design
- Familiarity with Linux
Hours: 30-40 per week on average, with the intention to grow to full-time. Fulltime employees are eligible for benefits such as healthcare and paid time off.