- Expired: January 16, 2023. Applications are no longer accepted.
SynergenX is seeking an experienced and energetic Assistant Controller to join our growing team. This role will report to the Corporate Controller and will oversee Accounting Operations and Financial Reporting for SynergenX and its related companies. This role will partner closely with internal teams across the entities to assist and support senior management in decision making. This includes developing key performance indicators to measure the health of the business and identifying areas of opportunity, standardization, or cost savings. The role is based at our corporate headquarters in Houston, TX (remote candidates are not being considered).
The Assistant Controller position is accountable to assist in accounting operations, to include the production of monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records, and a comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the reported financial results, and ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles. The Assistant Controller reports to the Controller.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance, or a related field
- Five plus (5+) years of hands-on experience in accounting and reporting with US GAAP, in public accounting
- Strong knowledge of accounting principles and ability to accurately apply and use financial and accounting concepts
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Excel (Pivot Tables, Index/Match formulas, financial modeling, etc.). Experience with other Microsoft Office programs (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.)
- Excellent critical thinking as well as analytical skills
- High attention to detail
- Supervisory experience
Plus, but not required:
- Healthcare experience
- Intercompany accounting
- Previous work experience with the Big 4 Banks
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Assistant Controller is responsible for general accounting, financial reporting, tax compliance, and the external audit process
- The Assistant Controller will prepare monthly and annual financial reports in accordance with US GAAP
- Implement new accounting pronouncements/guidance
- Assist in oversight of the accounts receivable / payable, fixed assets, and general ledger functions
- Responsible for all accounting aspects including general ledger, cash management, financial statements,
- Financial accuracy of A/P, A/R, inventory and cost accounting, equity awards, etc
- Lead and manage month-end closing activities, including bank account reconciliation, preparation/review of various JE's and cost center assignments, and distribution of financial statements and cost center reports
- Prepare financial statements according to US GAAP including consolidation of financials for our subsidiaries
- Coordinate or assist with the annual budget and monthly forecasting process
- Analyze and provide meaningful commentary around cost centers variances to trend and budget / forecast
- Work closely with external tax advisors and preparers to collect and remit sales tax, and file state, local and federal tax returns
- Manage the annual audit process and serve as primary liaison for our external auditors
- Design, implement, and maintain appropriate policies, processes, and internal controls to enable accurate and timely financial reporting compliant with US GAAP accounting standards, applicable tax laws and regulatory requirements
- Proactively seek out opportunities to implement improved processes, systems, and workflows to allow accounting infrastructure to scale
- Maintain infrastructure impacting productivity of staff
- Lead ad hoc Finance & Accounting projects as needed
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have a thorough understanding of accounting software platforms (Sage Intacct); Microsoft Excel (F9 or similar add-in a plus), Power point, and Microsoft Word. Additionally, a comprehensive understanding of practice management software (Advanced MD) is a plus.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Works well in a team setting.
- Has a "do what it takes to get the job done" attitude
- Seeks increased responsibilities; identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group; writes clearly and informatively.
- Creates where necessary and follows existing policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization's goals and values.
- Willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
- Prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently; sets goals and objectives; develops realistic action plans.
- Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
- Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
Short- and Long-Term Disability
Paid Time Off
401(k) with employer match
Flexible Spending Account/Health Savings Account/Health Reimbursement AccountEmployment Type: FULL_TIME
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at SynergenX
Get fresh Controller Assistant jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.