Estimator - Heavy Civil
- Vision , Medical , Dental , Paid Time Off , Life Insurance , Retirement
Job Opportunity: Sterling, VA
Our client is looking for a detail-oriented Estimator with an ability for precision and analytics to join our team. The Heavy Civil Estimator is responsible for determining the total cost of heavy civil construction projects by creating comprehensive and standard estimates. This position offers stability and provides a path for career advancement and opportunities for growth.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Reading, understanding, and interpreting drawings and specifications
- Requesting quotes from subcontractors and suppliers, estimate to be 95% complete prior to formal
- Preparing a rough schedule of the project to determine the time frame
- Reviewing estimated productions with superintendents to finalize the bid
- Entering detailed data into our HCSS HeavyBid software
- Other duties as assigned
- An associate's or Bachelor"s degree in a related field, such as Construction Management, is preferred
- 3-5 years of previous related experience is required in heavy civil work
- Must have strong organizational skills in order to handle the variety of tasks assigned
- Must develop positive working relationships with owners and project engineers as well as the local government office
- Ability to perform complete and accurate project take-offs and estimates
- Must be able to effectively communicate verbally with employees, external vendors, owners, and general contractors
- Must be able to prepare letters that present a concise and logical point of view
- Prefer to have someone with experience using Microsoft Office Software; HCSS HeavyBid & HeavyJob; Primavera; P6 Scheduling Software;
- Excellent Benefits:
- FSA & HSA
- Life Insurance + Optional Family Life Insurance
- Short-term and Long-term Disability
- Wellness Incentive Program
- Paid Holidays and PTO
- 401(k) + Company match
- Paid corporate training program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Stability and a variety of different roles that provide a path to career advancement
Get fresh Estimator - Heavy Civil jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.