The CNC Machinist will meet production schedules and requirements by setting up and operating conventional, special purpose, and computer numerical control (CNC) machines and machining centers used to fabricate metallic and nonmetallic parts.
- Working with specialty Mazak equipment to machine precision parts.
- Responsible for working from blueprints and drawings to set up and operate CNC equipment, including selecting, aligning, and securing tools.
- Set up and operate conventional, special purpose, and computer numerical control (CNC) machines and machining centers used to fabricate metallic and nonmetallic parts.
- Reviews drawings, sketches, and specifications and ensures that all machined components comply with specified requirements, quality standards, and workmanship.
- Continually promotes Safety and Quality
- Operates multiple machines and complete secondary offline operations when cycle time and abilities permit.
- Completes all required paperwork and machine shop work instructions related to each operation and job assignment.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Journeyman Machinist certification from a college or technical school is preferred but not required
- 2-5 years of related work experience and/or training.
- Proven experience setting up and operating CNC Machines.
- Knowledge of Mazak preferred, but will consider experience operating other CNC machines
- Experience with metric system is a plus.