Title of Position: Occupational Nurse
Location (Full work location address): 6290 Rt. 145, Oakville, NY 14222
Hours Per Week: 40
# of position openings: 1
Contract Length: 6 months, renewable
Payrate Max: 43.23
Occupational Nurse Needed for a Six Month contract role, we expect it to be renewed.
RN-license to practice in the state of New York.
Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
5 years of clinical experience. One year of occupational health experience preferred.
Decision making in clinical service delivery is complex. A demonstrated ability to provide high quality clinical services is critical. Knowledge of specific clinical issues around occupational health is preferred.
The job has 3 critical functions:
• Provide clinical occupational health nursing services.
• Provide disability management services and advice to employees and management to support employees, and ensure company compliance with applicable regulations.
• Management of company programs which require occupational health expertise. Examples include but are not limited to, regulated health surveillance, regulated injury and illness reporting, health promotion, maintaining EHS Work Instructions, quality assurance, and travel health.
• Deliver high quality, on site, clinical nursing services. This includes nursing assessment and management of occupational and non-occupational injuries and illnesses and emergency medical response in accordance with EHS Work Instructions and Medical Directives.
• Manage and deliver high quality, health surveillance processes in accordance with EHS Work Instructions, Medical Directives, GSK, and external regulatory requirements.
• Deliver disability management support for employees with disability issues and accommodation requests who are not on Short Term Disability. This requires knowledge of disability law close collaboration with employees, managers, STD case managers, HR and the GSK business regulations department to ensure compliance with applicable regulations. Direct STD case management may be required to accommodate business demand.
• Perform incident investigation on selected incidents which require nursing expertise. Participate in other investigations as requested by site safety personnel and/or management.
• Support employees with filing Workers Compensation claims for work related illness and injury. Communicate effectively with Broadspire Claims Managers to ensure mutual understanding of claim status among the employee, WC carrier, and GSK management.
• Deliver ergonomic assessments and ergonomic solution recommendations.
• Deliver travel health consultation in collaboration with NP/PAs, physicians, and in accordance with EHS Work Instructions and Medical Directives.
• Phlebotomy services for diagnostic testing.
• Deliver preventive health services in collaboration with GSK benefits and EHS partners. This includes personal health education, health promotion, health fairs, health screenings and safety training on selected occupational safety topics.
• Develop, maintain and deliver compliance with EHS Work Instructions and quality assurance processes. Work Instruction documents include specific requirements for maintaining privacy of personal health information.