Synectics is the environmental industry’s leading data management service provider. From our office in Sacramento, California, we have been providing web-based data solutions to our clients, primarily organizations within the Federal government sector since 1994. We are currently hiring motivated individuals to support recent contracts awarded to our firm.
The Environmental Scientist's responsibilities include interacting with clients and internal technical staff to aggregate environmental data in support of federal program investigations and long term groundwater monitoring events taking place across the country and the Pacific Rim. The Environmental Scientist’s main goal is to train, support and coach environmental professionals working for government contractors and agencies in the use of web based data management systems that provide data access and collaboration for all team members. Responsibilities may include the following:
- Coordinate with clients and government agencies to develop and promote efficient data flows and processes
- Assist in the collection, identification, and organization of environmental data and documents
- Track field events and coordinate with analytical laboratories to ensure compliant data is available to decision makers
- Load environmental data into SQL Server databases, such as lithology, groundwater, and well construction information
- Perform quality checks to identify inconsistencies in data content, structure or mapping
- Troubleshoot and document data issues (missing records, orphaned data, etc.)
- Train clients on the use of the Synectics’ Environmental Data Management System
- B.S. from an accredited university in Environmental Science or related discipline such as geology, chemistry, biology, etc.
- 2 years of experience in a related field required
- Able to provide exceptional customer service: can empathize with customers and will work to improve their experience
- Must be collaborative and willing to work as part of a team
- Spreadsheet (Excel) experience required, database experience preferred
- Energetic, personable, self‐motivated individual with a desire to advance in a growing organization
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server and Reporting Services is a plus
Synectics is a small business federal contractor with a requirement that a percentage of our personnel maintain residence in a designated Historically Underutilized Business Zone (HUBZone). This is preferably a HUBZone position; to search the Small Business Administration’s HUBZone map by address, please visit http://map.sba.gov/hubzone/maps/. It is acceptable for a candidate to plan to relocate to a federally designated HUBZone upon hire.
Please ensure that you answer the interview questions for this position; otherwise, the application will NOT be transmitted to the hiring manager. Thank you for your interest in working with Synectics! We look forward to reviewing your application