Location Waukegan, IL
Title Senior Project Manager
- Full spectrum IT project manager role focused on the development of current and next generation eCommerce solutions.
- Responsible for successful delivery of US eCommerce projects and minor enhancement requests across one or more of our divisions.
- Understanding the company’s strategic vision and market needs for delivering best in class eCommerce products that help fulfill the promise of human potential.
- Managing product development teams through the discovery, ideation, planning, design and technical development of minimum viable products and completion of market ready products.
- Building a customer obsessed culture that focuses on customer success and brand reputation as its primary goal.
- Providing Agile best practices across the organization; this includes coaching and mentoring Scrum Masters, product owners, and developers.
- Developing prioritization framework to optimize project delivery leveraging velocity to determine estimates for future demand.
- Partnering with BRMs to understand ongoing project demand and balancing against capacity.
- Making appropriate trade-offs to optimize time-to-market, clearly communicate goals, roles, responsibilities, and desired outcomes.
- Monitoring and managing program and project performance including financials
- Establishing frameworks to track milestones, goals and objectives, communicate progress and help identify impediments, risks and issues early on.
- Leveraging project delivery best practices to build detailed project plans ensuring dependencies and critical path are identified and stringently managed.
- Driving timely delivery of projects, and platforms within his/her remit.
- Instilling a culture of agility, automation and continuous improvement, ensuring new features and changes are deployed quickly, safely and with quality leveraging automation.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum 8 years of experience in delivering large scale IT solutions in an enterprise e-Commerce landscape
- Experience or familiarity with technologies and best practices in areas not limited to: Digital Marketing, eCommerce, web content management, mobile solutions, social engagement
- Magento-AEM-Comparable experience is okay
- Must be good communicators and be able to communicate realistic timeline
- Strong leadership skills having knowledge of software development practices (e.g. Agile/Scrum, Kanban, SAFe) and tools (e.g. JIRA, Confluence)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Presenting, meeting facilitation, and negotiation skills
- Decision making skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Must have lots of PM and Agile experience
- Should be a Technical PM
- Should have 5+ years as a PM
- Regulated Systems / FDA
- Software delivery experience
- Broad IT ability in various disciplines, that include establishing Agile development methodologies, cloud infrastructure, cybersecurity, organization change management, etc.
- Financial skills and process skills
- An understanding of the company's financial practices and goals and ability to manage team’s financials
- Demonstrated ability to creatively approach business problems and establish course of action
- Experience working in matrix global organization with strategic sourcing partners where success requires broad orchestration of resources and services
- Experience working in an FDA-regulated business (e.g. validated software related to medical, pharmaceutical, or life sciences products) is preferred
Synectics serves an extremely diverse client base which represents an equally diverse range of industries and institutions. The technologies we support have always been responsive to this extremely broad spectrum. In order to fully engage with this continually changing commercial and technological landscape, our employees must draw on their own varying interests, skills and backgrounds. This insight, reflected in our daily practices, has always been our fundamental strength as a company, and it continues to serve us well in all our efforts.