Manage the development, design, construction and refresh of major building projects as required in support of Pharmaceutical Research and Development business goals and objectives. Provide oversight, counsel and advice to Program Managers, and Facilities Solutions leadership on proposed capital projects.
1. Incorporate supervisory and established project management and technical skills and the ability to communicate plan and organize effectively with colleagues, staff, management, architects, engineers, outside contractors and regulatory agencies.
2. Position requires established influencing abilities, sound judgment and the ability to act effectively with a high degree of independence.
3. Established ability to manage a variety of projects at one time and bring them to completion.
4. Develop and track CPA’s (Capital Project Appropriation) as required.
5. Provide direction towards solutions of technical problems. Identify, evaluate, and implement the use of technology and methods to improve facilities and operations.
6. Encourage and interact with clients, developing new business relationship, goals and objectives.
7. Provide input for Monthly FS Department Meeting
8. Support Monthly Projects review meetings
PREFERRED JOB RELATED CANDIDATE QUALIFICATIONS
Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering or equivalent.
8 to 12 years of project engineering and multi-faceted construction experience.
Ability to supervise and provide direction for project engineering resources.
3 years experience in a leadership position in an engineering or project management environment.
Pharmaceutical/Life Science Industry experience is required
Knowledge of Microsoft Office and Microsoft Project.
Experience with Ariba, Bluebeam, Autocad, or similar programs a plus.