Contract to hire
Seeking a Hardware Test Engineer to join our new product development team. You will be responsible for the development and execution of hardware qualification test plans and creating supporting documentation. You will play a key role in the critical verification and validation stages of product development including defining test cases and test specifications and creating Quality Test Plans. You will work on a team comprised of engineers across multiple disciplines (e.g., mechanical, ASIC/FPGA development, embedded software), project managers, product marketing, and manufacturing & quality organizations to bring our product roadmaps to life.
• Collaborate with product development Engineers to develop and execute hardware verification test plans with traceability to product requirements
o Functional Safety (IEC 61508)
o Safety Agencies (UL, ATEX, IECEX)
o Environmental and Shock/Vibration
o Board level functional testing
• Design, build and maintain test systems used in HW qualification
• Develop tools and processes to automate hardware testing. Drive best practices across global hardware teams.
• Document test setups, test plans and results
• Create test cases to understand behavior, performance and limitations of electronic hardware and hardware systems
• Develop ladder logic used for HW testing
• Support HW design team as needed for building and board bring up of electronic hardware prototypes
- At least 5 years in embedded hardware testing
- Develop test cases based on product certifications and test on those as well
- Link those test validation to requirements
- Has worked with basic understanding with schematics
What are the technologies and depth of technologies that a candidate must have to be successful in this assignment?
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or similar Engineering Technology degree
Synectics serves an extremely diverse client base which represents an equally diverse range of industries and institutions. The technologies we support have always been responsive to this extremely broad spectrum. In order to fully engage with this continually changing commercial and technological landscape, our employees must draw on their own varying interests, skills and backgrounds. This insight, reflected in our daily practices, has always been our fundamental strength as a company, and it continues to serve us well in all our efforts.