Major food company seeking a Bilingual Employee Relations Specialist to join their Oak Brook, IL team! You will perform activities in human resources from recruiting new hires to retaining existing hires.
4-6 Month Contract- Responsibilities:
- Consult for a multitude of HR disciplines including, but not limited, to employee relations, performance management, health and safety concerns in the restaurants, internal HR tools and resources, and general HR-related questions.
- This role will require employee relations experience as well as lower priority employee investigation
- Collaborate with other HR functions across the company to ensure support of key HR initiatives.
- Consult on employee relations issues and concerns
- Monitor status of critical employee relations issues (performance, discipline, treatment, etc.) within the System, keeping management and leadership informed of needs and trends
- Responsible for call intake
- Bilingual Spanish
- Schedule interviews with witness and partner with location management team
- Send updates to employees
- Provide coaching to employees and managers on policies and responsibilities
- Assist management staff in coaching of their employees
- Receive inquiries via dedicated phone number
- Proactively anticipate impact of internal and external forces (national and local legislation, organized labor, workforce trends, etc.) on business
- Educate and influence Operations and HR to optimize positive employee relations and protect the brand
- Prevent and mitigate risk of media involvement
- Process routine HR transactions (salary, job, location, wage, hierarchy, job status, etc.)
- Respond to HR-related inquiries
- Assist with training and onboarding of new team members
- Maximize the use of technology and various HR systems and websites to provide effective and efficient delivery of services
- Complete reports on call/case information for field and other customers within U.S.
- Seek opportunities to build relationships with key customers and business partners
- Conduct feedback processes to ensure customer satisfaction
- Bachelor’s Degree (in HR preferred)
- Prior experience in employee investigations
- Prior experience in case management systems
- 1-2 year experience dealing with employee relations –or- 1-2 years’ experience in customer service
- Bilingual (fluent in English/Spanish)
- Interest in pursuing career in Human Resources
- Capacity to work on the telephone at least 99% of the time
- Ability to leverage resources and adapt to an environment with constant change
- Strong leadership and decision-making skills
- A high level of initiative and ability to work in a team and independently
- Problem-solving and judgment skills a must
- Strong technology skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Work experience within a retail or restaurant environment is a plus
**4-6 Month Contract-**
Synectics serves an extremely diverse client base which represents an equally diverse range of industries and institutions. The technologies we support have always been responsive to this extremely broad spectrum. In order to fully engage with this continually changing commercial and technological landscape, our employees must draw on their own varying interests, skills and backgrounds. This insight, reflected in our daily practices, has always been our fundamental strength as a company, and it continues to serve us well in all our efforts.