Missile Sentencing Team (MSI) Equipment Specialist
Synectic Solutions Inc Fallbrook, CA
- Posted: over a month ago
SSI is looking for an experienced professional to join the Missile Sentencing Inspection Team, providing providing support with issues related to NAVAIR/NAVSEA weapon systems at NWS Fallbrook, CA.
This position requires a working Knowledge of NAVAIR/NAVSEA missile systems (air-to-air and air-ground) required. Additionally, experience with NAVAIR precision-guided weapons and general purpose bombs are beneficial.
Systems supported include:
Conventional air-to-air guided missiles, air-to-ground guided weapons, precision guided munitions, rockets and guided rockets, surface-to-air guided missiles, aircraft crew served weapons, aircraft gun and related systems, and all associated test equipment.
Your key duties will be:
- Conduct Missile Sentencing Inspections (MSI’s) onboard ships or pier side, in accordance with (IAW) applicable technical publications, and performs a wide range of task required to properly certify assets.
- Provides Fleet with consumable parts and technical support to do on the spot repairs, performs minor container repairs, and assures that required documentation and container markings are properly completed while providing training to Fleet personnel.
- Communicate/coordinate with weapons station personnel, NAVAIR/NAVSEA program offices, Naval Operational Logistics Support (NOLSC) inventory managers, and other involved activities regarding projects in work to prevent work stoppage and assist station in scheduling.
- Interact continuously with station’s Receipt Storage Segregation and Inventory (RSS&I), traffic, and transportation departments to identify assets and expedite shipment and receipts.
- Missile data retrieval and analysis utilizing the Naval Air Warfare Center Airborne Weapons Analysis and Report System (AWARS) and Surface Missile Systems Maintenance Data System to track the maintenance history, failure rate, configuration information, and maintenance due dates.
- Maintains updated inventory of Technical Manuals and ensures that correct changes are made. Analyze data in order to provide feedback to NAVAIR/NAVSEA and other activities regarding issues at NAVAIRWD Det Fallbrook.
High School diploma or GED Equivalent
Experience must include:
6 years of technical experience with aviation ordnance and airborne missiles (including knowledge of related fire control/avionics), target systems, associated support equipment, and release and control systems plus experience in airborne weapon systems providing technical/logistics support to operational systems utilized by the Fleet (Navy and Marine Corps) as well as other DoD activities, including on-site and on-call technical support and consultation in aviation ordnance/airborne missiles operation, maintenance, and modification during deployment/operational phases.
This position will require U.S. citizenship and an active DoD Secret Clearance and the ability to be certified in explosive handling operations.
What's In It For Me?
- Positive working environment
- Professional and knowledgeable team and leadership
- Opportunity for growth and advancement
- Competitive salary
- Great benefits, including:
- Company-subsidized PPO Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match
- Paid Time Off
- 10 Paid Holidays per year
- Education Assistance
- Company-subsidized Corporate Fitness Program
- Medical and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Company-paid Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance with an option to increase coverage
- Company-paid Short- and Long-term Disability Insurance
- Company-paid Employee Assistance Program
What Your Experience Working For Us Will Be Like
Ask any of our employees and they will tell you SSI is a great place to work with an upbeat and positive culture. We take pride in our work to continuously improve on our performance in a manner that enhances the mission of the agencies we serve while expanding opportunities for our employees and our company.
Powered by JazzHR
Synectic Solutions Inc
GovernmentView all jobs at Synectic Solutions Inc