Mechanical Engineer III
- Vision , Medical , Dental , Paid Time Off , Life Insurance , Retirement
Looking for an opportunity to work with a talented team and expand your experience in Logistics?
SSI needs to add a Mechanical Engineer III to support our current list of services provided for the U.S. Navy, Surface Missile Technical Representative Office, Tucson Arizona.
Provide Test Equipment Engineering support to Naval Air Warfare Center Weapons Division (NAWCWD), Surface Missile Technical Representative (Tech Rep) Office, Tucson Arizona supporting the IWS 3, IWS-11, IWS-12, and Missile Defense Agency Program Offices.
- Calibrates, tests, and repairs electrical, mechanical, electromechanical, and electronic measuring, recording, and indicating instruments and equipment for conformance to established standards and assists in formulating calibration standards. Figures sequence of testing and calibration procedures for instruments and equipment, according to blueprints, schematics, technical manuals, and other specifications. Prepares standard and special purpose laboratory equipment to test, evaluate, and calibrate other instruments and test equipment.
- Prepare and distribute planning, presentation, and follow-up documentation for systems test equipment.
- Evaluate, assess, and provide recommendations regarding the life cycle support plans for surface weapons test equipment.
- Monitor and verify progress of demonstrations and certifications; provide recommendation for test equipment, failure investigations; and conduct engineering review of changes as required.
- Witness and provide technical assessment for integration activities, qualification tests, and test readiness reviews for surface weapons test equipment.
- Supports the development and execution of tests to ensure the system's hardware and software meet documented requirements.
- Review and assess systems engineering and test equipment documentation and presentations for Failure Review Boards Change Control Boards design reviews, and formal/informal peer reviews in support of major Surface Missile Programs.
If this aligns with your experience and sounds like it is the career path you wish to progress, these are the requirements to be considered for this position:
- U.S. Citizenship
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering; 10 years of professional experience in Electrical Engineering.
- Knowledge of test equipment electrical engineering principles, methods, and techniques.
- Professional certification in one or more specific technologies may be required
- The ability to multi-task in a fast-paced work environment
- Required knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, and/or other pertinent software applications.
- Must obtain and maintain at a minimum a U.S. DoD SECRET Clearance or the preferred, U.S. DoD TOP SECRET throughout employment.
“All candidates will be required to pass background screening to include SSN, Driver Record, and Criminal Background Investigation.”
What You Can Expect from Us
- Positive Office environment
- Professional and knowledgeable team and leadership
- Business Office hours
What's In It for Me?
- Competitive salary
- Great benefits, including:
- Company-subsidized PPO Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match
- Paid Time Off
- 10 Paid Holidays per year
- Education Assistance
- Medical and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Company-paid Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance with an option to increase coverage.
- Company-paid Short- and Long-term Disability Insurance
- Flexible hours
- Opportunities for on-the-job training
What Your Experience Working for Us Will Be Like
Ask any of our employees and they will tell you SSI is a great place to work with an upbeat and positive culture. We take pride in our work to continuously improve on our performance in a manner that enhances the mission of the agencies we serve while expanding opportunities for our employees and our company.
What You'll Enjoy About Where We're Located
We are located one hour north of Los Angeles in the heart of Ventura County, a relaxing and diverse community conveniently located near The Collection shopping center, beaches, hiking, and restaurants.
About Synectic Solutions, Inc. (SSI)
Synectic Solutions, Inc. (SSI), is an award-winning, 20-year government contracting agency focused on the areas of logistics, engineering, management, and information technology. SSI is a growing organization committed to exceeding customer expectations, to continually improving all products, services, and processes, and to perform all work with the commitment to upholding the highest standards and ethics.
Ready to apply?
If this job sounds like a fit for you, then click on the ‘apply’ button below. Good luck!
Powered by JazzHR
Synectic Solutions IncTucson, AZ
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.