A Leading PR Firm in Washington, DC is seeking a PR Account Director with a focus on social advocacy and corporate social responsibility to join their team! This is the ideal role for an individual with a pulse on global trends surrounding environmental sustainability. You will build new CSR strategies while developing strong client relationships, leading advocacy campaigns, and more. This is an exciting opportunity to make a real and lasting difference while doing what you love and connecting with people every day.
- Collaborate with key strategic corporate clients to design CSR initiatives and campaigns
- Drive national and local advocacy campaigns for various client areas—consumer, non-profit, corporate, etc.
- Design and execute comprehensive communications strategies that transform complex messaging into digestible content that tells a compelling story
- Take the lead on resolving complex client issues
- Conduct media training for clients, top executives, and celebrities
- Partner and collaborate with SADs and VPs
- Lead new business meetings, creating proposals as needed
- Train and mentor junior staff on the inner workings and executions of current policies, social good movements, campaigns, PR, media relations, etc.
- Provide administrative support—develop agendas, meeting recaps, activity reports, client status reports, and budget trackers
- 8+ years of PR experience, with particular experience in CSR, corporate communications and community engagement within the non-profit and public sector
- Experience managing a team for 2+ years
- Ability to navigate stakeholders, thought leaders, and media with ease
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to confidently pitch new business
- Established press contacts
- Strategic, innovative thinker who loves bringing new ideas to the table
- Entrepreneurial spirit with an innate sense of curiosity
- Meticulous attention to detail and organization with outstanding multitasking abilities
- Flexibility and willingness to work some nights/weekends and travel when necessary
Please submit your resume for consideration for this exciting opportunity!