The Director of Product Quality is a member of the leadership team and reports to the VP of Products (interim reporting to VP of Finance). The Director is responsible for ensuring quality products and processes by establishing and enforcing quality standards across an international supply chain. The Director implements in-process product inspection standards by studying manufacturing methods, analyzing manufacturing and customer data in addition to regulatory requirements for quality, safety and reliability. The successful candidate is highly technical, an engineer at heart, a problem solver, and a solid decision maker. They will understand the need to move quickly to keep pace with the market and yet can ensure standards are fully met through strategic planning, coordination, and communication with other departments and vendors.
- Planning, developing, and directing quality policies, programs, and initiatives across all the companies products and processes internationally and domestically
- Creating, implementing, and monitoring the overall quality vision & systems based on the strategic plan
- Maintaining product compliance with all domestic and international regulatory agencies and voluntary standards organizations.
- Direct strategies to ensure compliance with regulations prior to their implementation and during an entire product life-cycle, including prior to launch and during life.
- Establish and maintain a Supplier Qualification System to support the vendor approval process and ongoing supplier inspections and audits
- Training, coaching, and mentoring of all quality associates in the use of relevant industry best practices, regulations, voluntary industry standards, and internal best practices.
- Monitor internal and external parties for compliance with Quality Standards to ensure the procedures are consistently executed and documented.
- Developing and implementing an effective system for communication, rapid containment, root-cause corrective action, and continuous improvement to prevent the recurrence of production, quality and system deficiencies for all external manufacturing partners, administrative functions, and external supplier processes.
- Oversight and management of a Product Performance and Incident Review Committee including its reporting requirements and corrective actions recommended
- Ensuring all product compliance findings are evaluated and corrective actions provided within established guidelines and required timing.
- Regularly coordinates with the Risk Management team function to ensure coverage is aligned with Product Quality policies and procedures
- Leading a new Management of Change (MOC) process which entails the management and timely execution of Engineering Change Requests and Engineering Change Notices, and the identification of when changes occur by PO / lot number
- Develop and maintain in-process product inspection standards to be followed at factories as well as inspection standards at other points in the supply chain.
- Implementation and maintenance of the information systems needed to manage the department and accomplish Product Quality goals and initiatives
- Oversight and management of the technical documentation on all products including Bill of Materials, Assembly Diagrams, Parts Listing, Packaging Specifications (internal & external), and User Manual
- Partner with Creative teams to ensure Packaging Specs and User Manual specs are being followed and included in the final designs
- Focuses on quality at the source. Works closely with our Product Development and Product Engineering teams to design quality and error proofing into our products versus inspect-in quality.
- Partner with Customer Service to ensure proper documentation and training is being provided to its Technical Support function
- Partner with Vendor Management, PO Management, and International Payables to ensure processes surrounding vendor on-boarding, relationship management, and payments are coordinated with Product Quality policies and procedures
- Synthesize returns and warranty data to ensure the business keys in on poor processes or misalignment's between customer expectations and current product quality levels.
- Bachelors’ degree in Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering or Manufacturing Engineering or equivalent.
- 10+ years of experience in quality in a manufacturing or product development environment that includes international and domestic operations
- Strongly preferred experience in furniture and/or toy products which are packaged for online sale and distribution to consumers
- 10 years of management experience with 5+ years in a company leadership role
- 5 years quality management experience.
- Preferred experience in e-commerce for consumer products and an understanding of product life cycles
- Preferred certifications and memberships in quality control related areas such as Six Sigma or ASQ
- Demonstrated ability to apply critical thought to develop, recommend and implement strategies.
- Problem solver, dynamic, high energy candidate that acts with urgency and efficiency
- Strong project management, organizational, analytical and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated Leadership skills.
- Computer skills in Microsoft Office, ERP, and Inspection software.
- Strong written and oral communication skills for internal and external customer contact.
- Solid understanding of statistical concepts and methods to ensure appropriate application and analysis of data.
- Highly organized and plans effectively.
- Displays a strong ability to analyze issues, solve problems and perform root cause analysis.
- Effectively applies rational, data driven solutions to difficult situations.
Please submit your resume for consideration.
You can use www.workgrades.com to collect and manage your references for free and share them with us or anyone else you choose. Candidates with references are always preferred by our clients. Now is the most important time to stand out from the crowd. We suggest that you ensure you have updated your LinkedIn profile and that you start collecting your references early.
We will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
SyndicatebleuWe place creative, marketing, and sales professionals in temporary, temp-to-hire, and direct hire roles at leading companies spanning a wide range of diverse industries. Our recruiters are experts in their fields and take a personalized approach to career matching in the ever-changing creative job market.