Revenue Cycle Management Director
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Syndeo Staffing has a direct hire opening for a Director of Revenue Cycle Management for a local radiological group in Wichita. The team consists of diverse group of physicians who provide the highest standard of clinical expertise and patient care. As the largest subspecialty-focused practice in Wichita, our client’s physicians bring a wide variety of subspecialty expertise in diagnostic radiology, interventional radiology and radiation oncology.
The Director of Revenue Cycle Management is responsible for directing and coordinating the overall functions of the medical billing and coding office to ensure maximization of cash flow while improving patient, physician and customer relations.
We are looking for someone who can roll-up their sleeves but also be able to see the big picture. Team development is critical so you can focus on developing strategies to continue driving the company forward. We work in an extremely fast paced environment and need someone who thrives and shares in that work ethic.
- Oversees the operations of the billing department, encompassing medical coding, charge entry, claims submissions, payment posting, accounts receivable follow-up, and reimbursement management.
- Serves as the practice expert and go to person for all coding and billing processes.
- Plans and directs patient insurance documentation, workload coding, billing and collections, and data processing to ensure accurate billing and efficient account collection.
- Analyzes billing and claims for accuracy and completeness; submits claims to proper insurance entities and follow up on any issues and follows up on claims using various systems.
- Maintains contacts with other departments to obtain and analyze additional patient information to document and process billings.
- Prepares and analyzes accounts receivable reports, weekly and monthly financial reports, and insurance contracts.
- Collects and compiles accurate statistical reports.
- Audits current procedures to monitor and improve efficiency of billing and collections operations.
- Ensures that the activities of the billing operations are conducted in a manner that is consistent with overall department protocol, and are in compliance with Federal, State, and payer regulations, guidelines, and requirements.
- Participates in the development and implementation of operating policies and procedures.
- Reviews and interprets operational data to assess need for procedural revisions and enhancements; participates in the design and implementation of specific systems to enhance revenue and operating efficiency.
- Analyzes trends impacting charges, coding, collection, and accounts receivable and take appropriate action to realign staff and revise policies and procedures.
- Understands and remains updated with current coding and billing regulations and compliance requirements.
- Maintains a working knowledge of all health information management issues such as HIPAA and all health regulations.
- Supervises billing office personnel, which includes work allocation, training, and problem resolution; evaluates performance and makes recommendations for personnel actions; motivates employees to achieve peak productivity and performance.
- Provides, oversees, and/or coordinates the provision of training for new and existing billing staff on applicable operating policies, protocols, systems and procedures, standards, and techniques.
Candidates should bring the following to the table:
- High energy! Someone who can inspire others and bring out the best in your team.
- Proven track record demonstrating ability to lead and manage large teams across all aspects of RCM
- Detail oriented- you must be able to get into the weeds, but at the same time succinctly articulate to the Executive Management team challenges the team is facing and what you are doing to address them while pushing down your knowledge to your team.
- You have experience managing and developing a large team of people. We currently have a team of 20 with expectations for growth.
- Must maintain an awesome work culture that stimulates staff enthusiasm, collaboration, and positive rapport between colleagues
- Stay on top of federal and state billing and licensing requirements
- Maintain a constant pulse on reimbursement trends and take swift action to remediate changes
- 5+ years of progressive RCM leadership experience in healthcare, preferably in radiology.
- Proven track record of solving payor challenges
- Minimum 2+ Supervisory experience required.
- Experience with medical billing including Medicare and Medicaid
- Diagnostic coding experience necessary
Why you should join the team!
- Ongoing career-focused training
- Quick career advancement for those who are dedicated and work hard
- Competitive salary DOE + bonus opportunity
- Health, Vision, Dental insurance with low monthly premiums
- 401k with Company Match
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Syndeo