Syndeo Staffing has a direct hire opportunity for a Laboratory Technician in Maize, KS.
This is an exciting time to join this team! Kyodo Yushi, an 80+ year industry leader, known for their efforts in research and development of various petroleum products, such as oils and lubricants. Kyodo Yushi has carefully selected Maize, Kansas, as its first production site in the US!
Kyodo Yushi Manufacturing Americas (KYMA), is hiring the first round of Manufacturing and Laboratory employees to begin production in the US. As a Lab Tech for KYMA, you will conduct chemical and physical laboratory tests of solid and liquid materials, while analyzing test results.
Don’t miss out on the chance to be the first Lab Tech hired in the US by KYMA!Essential Functions
- Set up laboratory equipment, ensuring proper calibration for quality control testing.
- Collect, test and analyze samples such as raw materials, lubricants, detergents and other petroleum products to determine stability, purity, chemical content, and other performance characteristics.
- Collect and research data; use intuition and experience to complement data.
- Prepare chemical solutions for use in processing materials; follow standardized formulas and experimental procedures.
- Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness, identify ways to improve and promote quality, monitor own work to ensure quality.
- Follow and adhere to safety procedures and designated work procedures for the various test procedures and processes for the lab.
The Laboratory Technician is frequently exposed to hazardous chemicals and is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, and fumes. The noise level in this work environment is quiet. All necessary safety training and safety equipment is provided to new employees.Physical Demands
- Occasional lifting of up to 35 pounds is required.
- FT Monday - Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
· High School diploma or GED diploma
- Associate degree or equivalent in a science related field from a two-year college or technical school. (preferred)
- Industrial laboratory experience. (preferred)
- Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word knowledge