Bookkeeper / Accounting Clerk
Syndeo Staffing High Point, NC
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Syndeo Staffing is looking for a Bookkeeper / Accounting Clerk for one of the largest home furnishings industry there in North Carolina.
As a Bookkeeper / Accounting Clerk you will perform a variety of accounting, bookkeeping, and financial tasks. Responsibilities include keeping financial records updated, preparing reports, and reconciling bank statements. You will also organize and categorize business transactions, such as accounts payable and receivable, disbursements, expenses, invoices, and receipts. A successful candidate should be familiar with general accounting procedures and have a flair for numbers.
- Provide accounting and clerical support
- Type accurately, prepare and maintain accounting documents and records
- Prepare bank deposits, general ledger postings and statements
- Verify and enter transactions into ledger.
- Compile data to prepare bank deposits.
- Prepare reports and summaries as requested.
- Handle assigned payroll duties.
- Prepare invoices for billing, including totaling numbers, adding dates, and verifying financial data.
- Track and oversee overdue accounts.
- Calculate expenditures.
- Balance cash and credit card accounts.
- Reconcile accounts in a timely manner
- Data entry of credits/debits and other financial transactions
- Provide assistance and support to company personnel
- Research, track and restore accounting or documentation problems and/or discrepancies
- Post details of transactions, total accounts, and compute interest charges.
- Stay familiar with tax and accounting rules.
- Proven accounting experience, preferably as an Accounting Clerk or Bookkeeper
- Competency in MS Office, databases, and excel
- Hands-on experience with spreadsheets and financial reports
- Accuracy and attention to detail with an aptitude for numbers
- Ability to perform filing and record keeping tasks
- High accuracy in data entry and word processing
- Must be well organized
- Associate’s degree or relevant certification preferred
Syndeo is a Kansas-based, regional leader and an independently owned human resources company. The Syndeo family of companies is made up of Syndeo Outsourcing, a full-service human resources outsourcing (HRO) provider, Syndeo Payroll Solutions, a full-service payroll services provider, and Syndeo Staffing a full-service recruiting and staffing services provider.