Systems Engineer (Aerospace)
Syncroness Herndon, VA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Job Title: Systems Engineer (Aerospace)
*This position will be remote, supporting our Denver office*
Who we are
Syncroness provides inspired solutions to highly complex business and technical problems. We focus on accelerating time-to-market and ensuring a profitable outcome for our clients.
By providing a full complement of engineering services aligned to the entire product lifecycle, Syncroness enables companies to accelerate product development and drive more predictability and productivity into their businesses. Working with Syncroness, companies gain the critical insights necessary to develop products that make a difference and create a better world.
We provide proven value and predictable results in demanding and regulated markets by employing our core competencies in:
- Project management
- Product and System Engineering
- Core Engineering disciplines
- Knowledge integration
- NPD and Sustaining Engineering
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Systems Engineering Leadership role:
- Technical leader on a variety of project sizes and complexities.
- Works with the project leads in a variety of disciplines to direct their high level activities.
- Comfortable working at various levels on a project team, and across multiple disciplines.
- Work with the project team to communicate requirements, risks, and cross functional issues.
- Interact with customer to communicate technical aspects of the project.
- Identify system product risks and mitigations.
- Work with the project team to optimize the design of the system.
- Coordinate and/or lead integration and verification efforts.
- Manage the configuration management process.
- Interface with project manager to provide technical status reports and ensure customer needs are met.
- Organize design reviews and providing the systems engineering content therein.
- Identify scope creep and inform the project manager.
- May assist temporarily with some project management duties if the project manager is unavailable (sick leave, vacation, etc.).
- Assists in the sales process for quoting and estimating future projects.
Systems Engineering Modeling and Documentation role:
- Concept of Operations
- Requirements solicitation and analysis
- Use Cases
- Behavior Diagrams
- Trade Studies
- System Architecture
- Interface Control Documents
- Risk Analysis
- Verification Plans
- Systems engineering documentation and modeling may be done with both basic documentation tools (Visio, Word, Excel, SharePoint, etc.) or Models Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) Software (e.g. Innoslate, Cradle).
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree (B.S.), from a technical college or university in an Engineering or Technical Management field
- 9+ years of engineering/product development experience, including 3 years of demonstrated proficiency and leadership in systems engineering.
- Good working knowledge of multiple engineering disciplines, including Mechanical, Electrical, and Software Engineering highly desired.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Systems engineering and product development experience (or strong product development knowledge) as well as experience working on satellite technology and subsystems.
- Experience with Systems Engineering SW tools - MBSE, Requirements databases.
- Experience with DO-278 or DO-178 Certifications
- Experience with Aerospace Systems Safety
This job description doesn't constitute a contract of employment and Syncroness may exercise its employment-at-will rights at any time.
TechnologyView all jobs at Syncroness