Senior Mechanical Engineer (Aerospace)
Syncroness Broomfield, CO
- Posted: over a month ago
Job Title: Senior Mechanical Engineer (Aerospace)
Who we are:
Syncroness provides inspired solutions to highly complex business and technical problems. We focus on accelerating time-to-market and ensuring a profitable outcome for our clients.
By providing a full complement of engineering services aligned to the entire product lifecycle, Syncroness enables companies to accelerate product development and drive more predictability and productivity into their businesses. Working with Syncroness, companies gain the critical insights necessary to develop products that make a difference and create a better world.
We provide proven value and predictable results in demanding and regulated markets by employing our core competencies in:
- Project management
- Product and System Engineering
- Core Engineering disciplines
- Knowledge integration
- NPD and Sustaining Engineering
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Mechanical Engineering role:
- Develop and modify designs using SOLIDWORKS and/or PTC Creo.
- Generate engineering hand calculations to support design decisions.
- Adhere to Syncroness’ Quality Management System processes.
- Assist in sales process for scoping, estimating, and quoting future projects.
- Provide inputs to project planning, budgeting, scheduling, and tracking.
- Collect, develop, and analyze design inputs.
- Apply experience, critical thinking, and expertise leading or participating in design reviews.
- Identify design and product risks and mitigations.
- Communicate with vendors, team, and Project Manager for the advancement of projects.
- Communicate and coordinate with other disciplines including Electrical, Systems, and Software Engineering.
- Compile and present engineering documentation so product designs can be produced while meeting the proper regulatory requirements.
- Develop and execute test specifications.
Mechanical Engineering Leadership role:
- Serve as primary technical resource and/or lead teams.
- Provide technical oversight, training, and mentoring.
- Based on prior work experience, direct a team through the aerospace design process, including material selection, industry standard design approaches, and qualification by testing or analysis.
- Complete technical reviews of team members’ work.
- Interact with customers to derive requirements and communicate technical direction.
- Work with Project Management and Systems Engineering to understand system-level requirements, define and implement actions for Mechanical Engineering team members, and identify scope creep.
- Contribute to Syncroness’ Product Development Process.
- Participate in outside organizations for the advancement of career and exposure of Syncroness.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering from an accredited college or university plus 7+ years of engineering and product development experience
- Minimum of a Master’s Degree (M.S.) in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering, Engineering Management, or Business Administration from an accredited college or university plus 5+ years of engineering and product development experience
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex problems using engineering principles without supervision.
- Demonstrated experience in the aerospace industry with small satellite design.
- Knowledge of design and qualification processes for aerospace, e.g., shock, vibration, thermal, and TVAC testing.
- Knowledge of typical aerospace materials of construction and mechanical design practices for PCBs and cabling.
- Solid experience in product design and development including ASME Y14.5 Dimensioning and Tolerancing.
- Knowledge of CAD packages (preferably SOLIDWORKS and/or PTC Creo) as well as Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Ability to generate hand calculations in Mathcad to support design decisions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to present and report technical findings.
- Ability to interpret instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to manage time among multiple projects effectively.
Due to our work in aerospace and defense industries, only US Persons (citizens or permanent residents) need apply for this position.
Salary range: $97k to $115k
ManufacturingView all jobs at Syncroness