BS or MS Genetics or Molecular or Cell Biology
Seeking a B.S. (+2-5) or M.S. with extensive Genetics, Molecular or Cell Biology Experience
Do you want to be on the ground floor of a new company? Synbal is seeking a highly motivated Scientist to help create new technology. Synbal is a privately held biotechnology company based in San Diego that is leveraging an innovative and proprietary Active Genetics platform to prepare safe new cell therapeutics products and research animal models.
As an early stage startup company, Synbal is looking for energetic and creative candidates with a desire to work in a startup environment. The successful candidate will have extensive hands-on experience, and expertise with CRISPR-Cas9 or other similar RNA guided enzymes. Candidate should have experience in managing the creation and breeding of transgenic metazoan organisms and should have experience in the characterization of the phenotype and genotypes of new strains.
Experience and education requirements
· BS +2-5 or MS years of cellular and molecular biology experience (biotechnology/pharmaceutical industry experience a plus, but not required).
· Required technical skills include DNA cloning, gene editing using CRISPR/Cas9 PCR, Western Blotting, aseptic technique.
· Planning and conducting breeding studies in a metazoan organism.
· Specialty technical skills, nice to have, cell culture, ELISA, flow cytometry, and fluorescent microscopy.
· Specialty skills, nice to have, basic animal handling skills, including dosing, blood harvest, tail harvest.
· Be a strong individual contributor and effective team player and, flexible, and able to handle multiple tasks and deliver high-quality results under tight timelines
In addition to a competitive compensation package with stock options, Synbal also offers a comprehensive benefits package for our employees and their families, which includes medical and dental insurance.
For consideration, please submit your resume and cover letter with answers to the four questions at the top, then your paragraph, referencing job 2019_E3 Career_at_Synbal@outlook.com. Synbal, Inc. is an EEO employer.