SynQor,Inc Boxboro, MA
- Posted: over a month ago
- $70,000 to $85,000 Yearly
- Benefits: 401k, dental, medical, vision,
The Senior Buyer identifies varied sources of commodities and services, evaluates bids, awards contracts and purchase orders, maintains contact with vendors, and maintains comprehensive descriptions of available products and current prices.
· Identifies, evaluates and selects competitive suppliers that meet our quality standards.
· Develops and maintains strong business partnerships with suppliers and internal stakeholders.
· Negotiates cost-effective pricing and terms, to include price reductions.
· Identifies reliable alternate sources to mitigate supply risk.
· Translates ERP system (Oracle) generated requirements and places timely purchase orders to suppliers to meet production demand.
· Ensures suppliers have component and/or service specifications, drawings and technical requirements.
· Optimizes inventory levels by consistently tracking suppliers, product or service complexity and lead times.
· Assists in tracking and arranging the return and receipt of non-conforming materials.
· Maintains accountability for on time delivery, quality performance and reliable material flow.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management, Business Management or related field, or an equivalent combination of education and purchasing experience
· Minimum of 5 years of procurement experience with electronic components (active/passive)
· Strong knowledge of purchasing principals, policies and processes
· Working knowledge of Oracle a strong plus
· Strong communication and negotiation skills
SynQor is a leading supplier of power conversion solutions to the communications, computing and industrial markets. SynQor's innovative products are designed to exceed the demanding performance, quality, and reliability requirements of today's power electronic engineers that are developing leading-edge infrastructure hardware. Our global customer base extends from small Original Equipment Manufacturers to Fortune 500 multinationals and includes the 12 largest telecom OEMs in the world. SynQor's capabilities include both standard and custom solutions for distributed power architectures and we deliver them with industry leading service and support. SynQor's total commitment to quality, customer satisfaction and continuous improvement drive our business processes and lay the foundation for our success.
BusinessView all jobs at SynQor,Inc