As a member of the Quality and Reliability team, the successful, multi-disciplined candidate will work with the SynQor manufacturing team to identify and implement quality and process improvement initiatives focused on reducing manufacturing defect levels and raising production quality levels. The successful candidate will have a minimum of 5 years of experience working in an electronics manufacturing environment. Hands-on experience investigating production quality problems to their root cause level and implementing corrective actions for resolution is preferred for this position.
- A BSME (Manufacturing Engineering preferred), BSIE, or equivalent with a minimum of 5 years direct experience working in an electronics manufacturing environment.
- Hands-on experience with SMT (surface mount technology), PCBA assembly, and electronics systems “box-build” assembly processes.
- Proficiency with Data Analysis, SPC, and quality improvement techniques such as DOE, FMEA, etc.
- Expertise in industry quality requirements such as IPC-610, J-STD-001, AS9100, and ISO-9001.
- Work with the manufacturing engineering team on process and quality improvement initiatives, develop and conduct engineering experimentation as required.
- Develop process and product inspection requirements, methods, and documentation to support introduction of new products.
- Analyze and report on manufacturing quality, yield, and scrap data.
- Drive cost of quality to world-class levels.
The ideal candidate must be innovative, creative and resourceful; an “out of the box” thinker skilled in identifying and solving problems. They must be an excellent communicator, both written and verbally. He/She must be willing to do whatever it takes to achieve goals and objectives. They will be a self-starter, self-initiated, highly motivated, a team player, and willing to participate cross-functionally to support SynQor’s quality and reliability improvement objectives