The hired candidate will be a member of the NPI (New Product Introduction) team and will provide engineering support for a range of products through all phases of product development and manufacturing. The major focus will be on testing and qualifying new products and processes, supporting the transition of those products and processes into manufacturing, and then providing engineering support throughout the product lifecycle as needed. He/She will work with leadership to help establish individual and team priorities and performance requirements to meet the Company’s overall business goals and objectives.
- Develop processes and equipment to support the NPI process
- Assist in the coordination and management of new product introduction schedule and activities, and cross-product issues throughout the product life cycle.
- Work closely with design, test, quality, mechanical and process engineers during all phases of product development to drive debug activities, reliability qualification and yield enhancement
- Create and develop test methodologies while performing failure analysis of existing and new products.
- Perform statistical analysis on product as it relates to, but is not limited to, process and product yield improvement.
- Organize, prepare, finalize and maintain documentation for production use.
- Troubleshoot and improve existing equipment and methodologies.
- Analyze and troubleshoot product down to component level in a SMT based environment while determining root-cause.
- Continually look for ways to reduce the cost and timeframe of the NPI process
- Bachelor’s Degree in EE or EET required
- Engineering and/or manufacturing co-op or internship experience is a plus.
- 0-3 years in electronics industry, preferably on a high–mix, high-volume production line
- Working knowledge of analog and digital electronics is required; microprocessor (PIC) design and knowledge of DC-DC converters is a plus
- Working knowledge of an appropriate high-level programming language i.e. VB, C, C++ or C#.
- Ability to analyze, test and troubleshoot to the component level
- Good documentation practices are a must.
- Test instrumentation and data acquisition is a plus.
- Statistical process control and analysis is a plus.
- Experience and/ or familiarity with EDA tools are a plus.
- Automated Test Equipment experience is a plus