Technical Lead (Cyber)-II
- Expired: October 16, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
Syms Strategic Group (SSG) is seeking a talented Technical Lead (Cyber) - II
Department: US Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO)
Type: Full Time
Min. Experience: Experienced
Security Clearance Level: Public Trust (MBI)
Military Veterans are highly encouraged to apply!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Technical Lead (Cyber)
****Must possess CISSP certifications****
The Technical Lead (Cyber) should be highly skilled in protecting data, monitoring threats, and implementing insider threat mitigation measures.
- Transform USPTOs insider threat detection, response, and mitigation capabilities to improve the security posture of the organization
- Detect and rapidly respond to insiders that pose a threat to the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of all Controlled Unclassified Information (CUI) stored, processed, and disseminated by USPTO
- Oversee the implementation of services dedicated to improving detection techniques, maturing insider threat incident response, and developing a robust mitigation strategy
- Lead the day-to-day contract operations and ensure that the task order technical scope is delivered within budget, schedule, and quality requirements
- Manage all company and contractor resources and supervise all staff in the performance of work on this task order
- Ensure that the team is fully staffed with appropriate skillsets per labor category (LCAT) as defined in the Staffing Plan
- Establish a communication approach that provides effective, consistent, and clear communication to all key stakeholders such as the customer Contracting Officer (CO), Contracting Officers Representative (COR), project team, and other contract teams
- Coordinate the program, governance, staffing, and stakeholder/USPTO leadership interactions and workflow with the USPTO Chief Information Officers (CIO) Command Center
- Work with the Government staff to effectively manage, mitigate, and resolve technical risks and issues
- Support the development and execution of a Project Management Plan outlining how the proposed services and staff will execute the day-to-day support activities
- Ensure timely submission of contract deliverables such as monthly status reports and cumulative key performance indicator (KPI) reports
- Monitor, evaluate, and coordinate engineering, integration, and deployment activities of personnel to ensure that the project progresses on schedule and within the prescribed budget
Required Skills and Experience
- At least 7 years of experience in leading a cybersecurity program and performing project management duties in an IT environment consisting of on-premises, hybrid, or cloud-based information systems. Note: A masters degree from an accredited institution in Information Technology, Information Assurance, Information Systems Management, Cybersecurity, or related field can be substituted for 2 years of experience, reducing this requirement to 5 years of specialized experience.
- Outstanding proficiency in communication skills (both written and oral), as well as building and sustaining relationships needed to achieve strategic objectives.
- Skilled in developing presentations and reports, with significant experience interacting with C- level executives.
- Expertise in delivering innovative solutions that align with organizational strategies, goals, and objectives.
- Knowledge and application of organizational process improvement concepts and capability maturity models (e.g., Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI), Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification (CMMC) framework, etc.).
- Experience leading and coordinating projects, plans, or activities with various stakeholders in order to deliver products and services.
- Experience in adapting to new or emerging requirements and developing tailored solutions based upon unique organizational needs.
- Skill in performing requirements analysis, creating strategic goals and objectives, and developing resource management plans to deliver projects and services.
- Experience evaluating new and emerging IT and cybersecurity technologies.
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
Candidates must possess at least two of the following certifications:
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- GIAC Certified Project Manager (GCPM)
- GIAC Information Security Professional (GISP)
- GIAC Security Leadership Certification (GSLC)
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)
Bachelors Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Information Systems Management, Cybersecurity, or related field
U.S. Citizenship required for this specific opportunity
Security Clearance Requirements
Public Trust Clearance
- SSG will not make assumptions regarding your qualifications. Your answers to the mandatory screening questions must be supported by the information on your resume. Applications with inconsistencies will not be considered.
- Recruiters or Third parties will not be considered
- U.S. based locations may be considered except for CA, CO, NJ, NY, which will not be considered.
U.S Citizenship is required for this specific opportunity. Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information and be able to obtain a government-granted security clearance. Individuals may also be subject to a background investigation including, but not limited to criminal history, employment and education verification, drug testing, and creditworthiness.
Syms Strategic Group, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or genetic information.
Syms Strategic Group, LLC (SSG)
AddressDes Moines, IA
Get fresh Lead Cyber Security Engineer jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.