- Expired: May 24, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
Location: New Hampshire
Department: Veterans Affairs
Type: Full Time
Min. Experience: Experienced
Security Clearance Level: Public Trust (MBI)
Military Veterans are highly encouraged to apply!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- This is a hands-on DBA and S/W development position
- Actively participate in product owner meetings to clearly identify goals for data needs and management
- Design, implement and manage large database systems and programs (to include PowerBI)
- Management of routine MS SQL database operations and maintenance
- Implement database performance metrics measurements, track and analyze data
- Optimization of database performance and efficiency
- Assist with data modeling and database design
- Analyze data archival requirements and implement data archival processes
- Keep documentation of AWS database resources and configurations up to date
- Design and implementation of complex data models
- Perform functional analysis and allocation to identify required tasks and their interrelationships
- Develop Change Requests per established guidelines.
Required Skills and Experience
- 5+ years DBA experience
- Hands on DBA experience
- Must have SQL development experience
- S/W development experience
- Experience Managing virtualized environments, including cloud: AWS RDS
- DB management of MS SQL
- Experience in a high paced DevOps environment
- Experience in large scale Enterprise environments
- U.S. Citizenship required for this position.
AWS certification highly desired
Years of Professional Experience
5+ years of DBA development experience
SQL development experience
Experience in large scale Enterprise environments
- Must be able to receive a Security Clearance / Public Trust
- Experience working with the Department of Veterans' Affairs
- Healthcare Claims X.12 Transaction (837, 835, 277, etc.)
- Healthcare claims processing application knowledge
- Experience working in a SAFe / Agile environment
- Experience with data modeling and database design
- Cloud vendor certification (AWS Associate or Professional)
- AWS RDS and Aurora experience
- Attention to detail and excellent customer service
- Application Life Cycle (ALM) tool experience preferred (Jira, etc.)
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software/Systems Engineering, or equivalent technical degree
U.S. Citizenship required for this specific opportunity
Security Clearance Requirements
Must possess or qualify for a Public Trust (MBI)
- SSG will not make assumptions regarding your qualifications. Your answers to the mandatory screening questions must be supported by the information on your resume. Applications with inconsistencies will not be considered.
- Recruiters or Third parties will not be considered
- This is a New Hampshire based position and is 100% remote. Other U.S. based locations may be considered except for CA, CO, NJ, NY, which will not be considered.
U.S Citizenship is required for this specific opportunity. Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information and be able to obtain a government-granted security clearance. Individuals may also be subject to a background investigation including, but not limited to criminal history, employment and education verification, drug testing, and creditworthiness.
Syms Strategic Group, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or genetic information.
Syms Strategic Group, LLC
TechnologyView all jobs at Syms Strategic Group, LLC