Automated Test Engineer
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Syms Strategic Group, LLC (SSG), a fast-growing SDVOSB, is seeking an exceptionally talented Automated Test Engineer.
Location: San Antonio, TX. Other U.S. based locations may be considered
*This is an immediate hire to join a large 5-year long Department of Veterans Affairs project.*
Military Veterans are highly encouraged to apply
Important note: Your answers to the mandatory screening questions must be supported by the information on your resume. Applications with inconsistencies will not be considered.
Essential Job Functions & Responsibilities
- Lead or participate in Automated User Acceptance Testing (UAT), Unit Testing (UT), and Integration Testing (IT), Regression Testing (RT), Detailed Testing (DT), Operational Testing (OT), and Acceptance testing (AT)
- Ensure maximum automated test coverage via unit testing
- Create or refine automated test procedures in written documentation for human-driven testing requirements of a given system
- Define, document, analyze, perform, and interpret developmental tests for new and/or modified system components
- Evaluate, recommend, and implement automated test tools and strategies.
- Design, implement, and conduct test and evaluation procedures to ensure system requirements are met
- Develop, maintain, and upgrade automated test scripts and architectures for application products
- Write, implement, and report status for system test cases for testing
- Analyze test cases and provide regular progress reports
- Direct and/or participate in all phases of risk management assessments and software/hardware development with emphasis on analysis of user requirements, test design, and test tools selection
- Design, plan, create, execute, and provide test reports
- Review government test plans and test reports for technical competence, effectiveness, and compliance with standards
- Observe and evaluate the execution of customer acceptance test activities
- Perform integration activities involving developed application software
- Identify and document problems and issues, providing specific guidance on root-cause and remediation
- Analyze the requirements for each test event and assist in scheduling of test assets
- Support the presentation and formal review or audit of test results, providing briefing and decision supporting material
- Maintain and provide controls for multiple test software and hardware baselines
Required Minimum Qualification
- Automated testing experience required
- Flat File Processing
- Visio Studio
- Extensive of Java & NodeJS
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software/Systems Engineering, or equivalent technical degree
- 8+ years Automated S/W testing experience
- Experience with Nodejs
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision while contributing to overall company success
- Must have experience in the coordination and management of test events in accordance with approved test plans, procedures and scripts.
- Must have knowledge and skills to ensure that test environments are set up accurately.
- Must be able to create test reports.
- Must have experience working in an agile environment
- Must have comprehensive technical expertise on IT products, operating systems, software, hardware, systems and networks and specialized environments.
- Must have experience in writing or assisting in the development of test plans and test procedures.
- Experience testing MUMPS, VistA and other VA systems helpful but not mandatory
- Experience with EDI and financial transaction systems helpful but not mandatory
- Must possess or qualify for award of a Public Trust (MBI)
- Resume must include your current physical location and salary requirements
U.S. citizenship is required for this specific position. All selected applicants will be subject to a government security investigation. This includes but not limited to; meeting the eligibility requirements for access to classified information and the ability to obtain a government-granted security clearance. Individuals may also be subject to a background investigation including, but not limited to; criminal history, employment verification, education verification, drug testing, and creditworthiness.
Syms Strategic Group, LLC (SSG) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or genetic information.
Powered by JazzHR
Syms Strategic Group, LLC (SSG)
AddressSan Antonio, TX
TechnologyView all jobs at Syms Strategic Group, LLC (SSG)