This position is responsible for the creation, administration and oversight of the organization's in house and cloud-based database solutions. The SQL Server DB Engineer role will responsible for creation of local SQL Server database solution based on multiple sources of input data. The successful candidate will be responsible for development and sustainment of our data solution, executing data loads, ETL using SSIS, and performing data modeling and analysis in support of multiple teams within the organization.
The candidate will also be working with the technical team to implement a new Azure environment.
The architecture of both the local and cloud-based solution is important sustainability and growth of this company.
SQL Database Development:
- Must be an expert at designing tables with foreign key relationships and understand schema design best practices.
- Must have the ability to export, import, and transform data from SQL to other formats such as delimited raw/text file, Excel, and XML.
- Must understand how business processes and business rules can be translated into technical requirements.
- Must have the ability to optimize SQL for performance and understand how to read and tune SQL/joins based on query plans, design and implement the correct indexes to achieve optimal SQL performance.
- Must be familiar with relational modeling.
- Analyze data requirements, complex source data, and application data models, and determine the best methods for integrating data to support internal and external analytical needs.
- Must be an expert at creating and maintaining an extraction, transformation, and loading process from source systems or files into a data warehouse using SSIS Creating T-SQL scripts, Stored Procedures, Functions, Triggers, Indexes, and other Database objects.
- Must be familiar with bulk data operations for moving large amounts of data in the most efficient way possible.
- Perform general technical troubleshooting, problem solving and consultations with analytical reporting teams.
- Ownership of database configuration standards related to performance and sizing for both transactional and data warehouse databases.
- Must be familiar with capacity planning and monitoring of database growth.
- Must be able to provide trend analysis and provide recommendations regarding resource management.
- Flexible, team player, “get-it-done” personality
- Ability to organize and plan work independently
- Strong troubleshooting and critical thinking skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Ability to work in a rapidly changing environment
- Ability to multi-task and context-switch effectively between different activities and teams
Required Education and Experience
- BS degree in Computer Sciences, Information Systems or Computer Engineering (MBA a plus)
- Relevant work experience to include 5+ years SQL Database Administration
- SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, T-SQL, stored procedures, views, indexing, database tuning, and maintenance jobs
- Excel and Power BI
- Experience working with Windows server, including Active Directory
- Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio, Visual Studio, Azure
- Experience with loading data from internal / external APIs
- 1+ years MS Azure SQL Server Administration experience (PAAS)
- Excellent Analytical skills required