Operations Planning Manager
Symbotic Wilmington, MA
- Expired: May 06, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
Symbotic's talented and diverse workforce develops, operates, and maintains disruptive robotic solutions for warehouse automation and supply chain transformation-all with a focus on driving customer satisfaction. Since forming in 2007, Symbotic has grown to 700 employees across North America and supports an impressive, high-profile customer base. We seek candidates who are passionate about our solution and share our goals of providing operational excellence and creating braggingly happy customers. If you seek a challenge and want to impact the way the world distributes product from manufacturers to store shelves, we invite you to join our team.
This is a newly added position for Symbotic and will focus on the optimization of our company and projects by owning the planning function and helping improve our approach from a system standpoint by improving on our use of ERP systems and how they speak and connect to one another. Insuring a clean and smooth transition of information making sure that everyone is on point and has the information they need. This position will track all of our performance metrics in the Supply Chain space and make corrections where needed. We are at the point of scaling exponentially and this will be a key hire to make sure we can do this effectively.
- Manage Planning functions and personnel, monitor track and record KPI's/OKR's set.
- Project Milestone tracking to ensure support departments are on time with scheduled releases, hold weekly meetings to review project status with functional managers.
- Responsibilities include incoming supply and demand planning.
- Develop raw material stocking plan for WIP and work order inventory to meet customer demand.
- Responsible for effective planning and scheduling to meet internal customer demand.
- Lead and manage the production order-scheduling process, BOTs as well as integration material.
- Work collaboratively with functional Managers to review demand planning.
- Manage the Master Schedule and establish commit dates.
- Verify all required inventory is available for scheduled production.
- Expedite shortages, as necessary.
- Oversight of needed parts due to Production Change Notices, Engineering Changes, and effect of deliveries against schedule.
- Monitor and adjust Master Data, fabrication, and build lead times; and for inventory position (safety stock levels and re-order points) Additionally:
- Perform periodic reviews of lead times for suppliers.
- Work with the Supply Chain team and Director of Logistics/Warehouse to ensure timely shipments of all domestic and international shipments.
- Oversee vendor managed inventory programs.
- Review daily shortages and determine cause and corrective actions for errors as needed.
- Guide and direct Planners in establishing and administering planning procedures and practices.
- Lead inventory cost savings initiatives.
- Oversee and control all aspects of inventory availability from raw material to finished goods.
- Review and update departmental procedures to ensure efficiency.
- Responsible for ERP data integrity and serve as an SME on the ERP improvement team.
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain related discipline preferred, not required.
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience in Supply Chain, Planning, Inventory experience in distribution center, automation, warehousing company is greatly preferred.
- 5+ years of experience with ERP systems.
- Should have owned the ERP system for your department, worked on continuous improvements, and were the subject matter expert.
- Candidate will need to possess ability to rapidly develop an in-depth knowledge of company products and business operations.
- The position requires team and individual leadership skills as well as a strong sense of urgency in all matters related to the health of the business.
- Ability to work in a company with an entrepreneurial/non-structured environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Computer literacy in MS Word, Excel, Outlook, as well as web-based applications - strong Excel background preferred, ERP experience a must, NetSuite preferred.
- Ability to work weekends or extended hours as needed.
- Ability to travel when needed. Approximately 10%.
Compensation and Benefits:
Symbotic offers competitive compensation and a dynamic, growing company environment. Benefits include very comprehensive coverage for medical, dental, life, disability, flexible spending accounts, and more.
Please... No Agencies, Contractors or Consultants.
Symbotic is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on age, gender, physical or mental disability, nation of origin, veteran status, religious beliefs, sexual identity or expression. Symbotic supports a diverse workforce and we are committed to a work environment free of discrimination and harassment, where all are treated with dignity and respect.
BusinessView all jobs at Symbotic