At Symbio, you will be given the tools and resources to be successful. We foster a culture where employee satisfaction and customer value are in the core. At Symbio we turn ideas into high quality products and services. With us you can widen and deepen your expertise working directly with multinational customers. Our clients are cutting edge pioneers in their field. Take the next step in your career path and join our team.
As a Principal Engineer, you will be part of our emerging Client Engineering team who are responsible for developing all digital experiences for the company. Using your experience building application in Dart, Swift and/or Kotlin/Java languages, you will be responsible for developing multi-platform apps for iOS and Android using Google's Flutter development framework. As an integral part of our technology leadership team, you will have oversight of a small team of software engineers ensuring that they are expertly executing on designing, developing and delivering great customer experiences globally for customer.
This position can be hired in a full-time contract or W2 hourly contract capacity. We are unable to accept candidate submittals from third party vendors/employers, consultant firms or agencies.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Leads technical decisions in the team and functional area. Expertly designs and owns technical solutions for broad or complex requirements with insightful and strategic approaches. Describes, analyzes, and convinces others about major technical trade-offs and decisions.
- Identifies, defines, and solves strategically important problems. Can interpret, add to, and execute against cross- functional strategies. Works with product, design and other engineering teams to make critical decisions regarding design, implantation of our digital products and platforms.
- Leads initiatives and meetings within the team and functional area. Motivates and empowers teammates to achieve a higher level of performance. Garners resources for the whole team to complete the work.
- Initiates and facilitates meaningful discussions around complex issues. Influences decision making and prioritization across our digital product and platform teams. Trusted to communicate the Engineering brand externally. Analyzes the interview and onboarding processes, and suggests any needed improvements.
- Responsible for making sure that the software code is correct, well-architected, secure and maintainable. Lead other team members in design and coding phases. Participate in code review and team design sessions.
- Liaison with QE to ensure quality product is delivered to customers.
- Translate designs and wireframes into high quality code.
- Perform other job-related duties as requested.
- Ability to translate designs, wireframes and written requirements into functional systems.
- Proficient understanding of code visioning tools.
- Ability to effectively lead a small team through all phases of analysis, design, and testing.
- Bachelors or MS Degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience.
- Ten (10) years of experience developing software, with at least eight (8) years of developing mobile applications and one (1) year developing Flutter applications.
- Experience scaling solutions, demonstrating a mindset of "scalability".
- Strong knowledge of Android SDK, different versions of Android, and how to deal with different screen sizes.
- Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning.
This description portrays in general terms the type and level(s) of work performed and is not intended to be all-inclusive, nor the specific duties of any one incumbent.
Background Check/Drug Test: Due to the accountabilities within this job, a background check and Drug Test will be required as part of the selection process.
We live in an era where the pace of change in technology is accelerating faster and faster and new innovations are created daily. Symbio exists so that our clients can keep moving forward in the changing world without being out of breath. Our flexibility and get-things-done attitude takes the pressure away from our clients. We move so that our clients can concentrate on their visions. And what makes us truly unique is that we actually join our clients in their vision. As such, we deliver an unmatched working relationship with our clients.
We truly listen to our clients needs whether it’s creating world changing solutions or assuring system quality. We succeed together. So, not only do we provide our clients with technical rock stars, but “Jack of All Trades” – people that take pride in envisioning and co-creating amazing products and solutions that help our clients businesses and change whole industries.