- Expired: May 20, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Operation Manager is responsible for, but not limited to, functions pertaining to the day-to-day operations of the facility including the overseeing and management of areas such as KPI achievement, inventory integrity, continuous improvement and employee development of direct reports within the scope of their operational responsibilities. This is accomplished by following all standard operating procedures, standard work and work instructions as well as customer provided documentation. Responsible for budgeting and financial results for areas of responsibility.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensures all warehouse personnel comply with standard operating procedures, personnel policies and workload demands
- Meets daily with account managers, warehouse supervisors and/or Leads to ensure daily productivity goals are met or exceeded
- Implementation of special projects as assigned that impact warehouse operations for both the site and the network
- Analysis of operations on a continuing basis to make necessary improvements to ensure cross functional operating efficiencies in the warehouse. Analyze throughput information, capacity planning and financial information
- Responsible for assisting with the Symbia Logistics site budget process, and help to ensure net income is maximized through proper management of controllable costs, identifying and communicating any differences impacting this metric
- Plans, develops, and implements organizational policies and goals. Supports and works closely with safety, human resources, and engineering to promote productivity improvement programs. Ensures implementation of network best practices in the facility
- Knowledge of every facet of the operation; must strive to constantly develop staff to ensure capable management succession
- Manages customer inventory, utilizing sound security policies and procedures consistent with good accounting and distribution practices
- Reviews activity, operating, and financial reports to determine changes in programs or operations, as required
- Motivate, train, supervise and evaluate the performance of subordinates
- Take corrective action in a constructive manner with employees who cause issues in the workplace
- Hires and downsizes staff, as needed
- Continuous focus on fostering a safe work environment
- Practices safe work procedures, and follows all safety rules at all times
- Miscellaneous tasks as assigned
- Schedules equipment maintenance
- Bachelor degree (B.A./B.S.) from a four-year college; and three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum of five years of experience in warehousing, distribution, or related required.
- Minimum of three years leadership experience
- Competitive salary
- Continuous professional development and training.
- Fast growing company.
- Competitive Benefits Package.
Powered by JazzHR
AddressKansas City, MO
BusinessView all jobs at Symbia Logistics