Senior Renovation Manager
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Please apply using the following link:
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
Pathway Construction, LLC is a residential general contractor in the single-family rental industry. Pathway has a robust pipeline of residential renovation projects, a sophisticated infrastructure and financial stability. We currently manage the renovations for properties owned by Sylvan Road Capital in the greater Atlanta area, Birmingham AL, Charlotte NC, Raleigh NC, Tampa FL, Orlando FL, and Dallas TX. We have plans for expansion into several additional markets within the next year.
The Senior Renovation Manager is responsible and must demonstrate the ability to perform all duties in their respective market including the estimating and scoping of properties for potential acquisition, procuring the bids for all renovations, managing the renovation projects, serving as the primary channel to identify vendors to be onboarded across all trades and having primary responsibility for vetting potential team members and managing the team of Renovation Project Managers and Renovation Estimators. This role has a broad level of responsibilities including full breadth across the construction duties as well as establishing the market presence.
This position will be responsible for covering the Toledo, OH area and the candidate needs to be based in this area.
- Ability to take initiative and solve problems from a minor technology equipment issue to working through the logistics on a complex project.
- Must be able to serve as the representative of the company to be able to work with vendors, help develop the vendor base and to attract top talent to the business
- Must be able to learn the duties and then teach, coach and mentor others to perform the job duties
- Will serve as the leader for the renovation managers and estimators in their market. Will need to perform in a supervisory capacity to ensure employees are fulfilling their job responsibilities consistently
- Must be able to demonstrate knowledge of construction and assessment of property condition both for vacant and occupied homes
- Must be able to demonstrate the ability to measure homes and collect field data to support estimates of time, cost, materials, and labor required to repair, remodel, or rehabilitate single family homes
- Must be able to evaluate cost-effectiveness of design and projects and recommend opportunities for improving efficiencies and cost-reductions
- Will be responsible for preparing detailed work scopes and estimates using company-provided specifications, documentation and proprietary software
- Must be able to demonstrate the ability to read architectural plans and construction drawings
- Must be able to learn and adhere to company prescribed processes as well as being able to hold others accountable to those processes. Process compliance is critical in this role.
- Will be responsible for communicating and soliciting bids from trade partners and general contractors
- Must have reliable transportation with insurance
- Will be required to visit the sites of homes under management on a regular basis
- Will be responsible for performing lock changes on homes as soon as acquisition is complete
- Willingness and ability to learn and use new technology
- Willingness to complete occasional tasks over the weekend hours (not regularly)
- Perform punch walks and site inspections
- Preparation of weekly and monthly reporting on project progress
- Other duties as requested by the Vice President of Construction and eventually to Regional Construction Director when the position is hired
- Ability to deliver to key performance indicator targets (project variance to underwritten, on time delivery to completion dates,
- Act as a training and quality control resource to ensure properties are being delivered to company standards.
- Licensed GC in the state and in good standing
- 5+ years prior renovation experience
- Project management experience required
- Supervisory experience is preferred
- Ability to work well using electronic tools and technology-based systems
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to meet budgets and control costs
- Ability to work well using mobile office electronic tools
- Demonstrated attention to detail
- Ability to lead in a fast pace environment
- Must be able to work independently with little to no supervision
- Must be willing to travel to other markets on an as needed basis
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS SUMMARY
- Competitive compensation based on experience
- Salaried, Exempt status
- PTO (paid time off) and company-paid holidays
- Comprehensive Benefit Package including 401K
- Reports to: Regional Construction Director
- Direct Reports include: Renovation Managers, Estimators
Sylvan Road Capital, LLC and its affiliates is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other classification protected by Federal or State Law.
Sylvan Road CapitalWhy Work Here?
Sylvan Road is experiencing tremendous growth and so we are in the midst of an exciting transformation to better support our business.
Sylvan Road is experiencing tremendous growth and so we are in the midst of an exciting transformation to better support a high-growth, dynamic business. This opportunity will enable you to make a significant and notable impact within our organization and to contribute to our development. We come to work every day excited by the growth of our industry and our company, as we play a role in spurring its expansion and success. We are looking for like-minded people who are passionate about driving innovation in order to make a meaningful difference for our employees, residents, and investors.
ConstructionView all jobs at Sylvan Road Capital