Regional Director of Operations
- Expired: July 30, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
Pathway Construction, LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of Sylvan Road Capital LLC, is a single family residential general contractor operating in the Northeast, Southeast, and Midwest. Pathway has a robust pipeline of single-family residential renovation projects, a sophisticated infrastructure, and financial stability. We are seeking a Regional Construction Director to oversee operations, including oversight of a growing staff of project managers and estimators, process improvement, and the optimization of financial and operational efficiency and effectiveness in executing on single-family residential renovations.
The Regional Operations Director will be responsible for the successful completion of all construction projects for his/her assigned region to ensure that all timelines are met and all cost objectives with respect to contracting, scoping, estimating, bidding and contract administration are aligned. This position ensures that all work is performed within budget and attains or exceeds project profit goals, while promoting and enhancing internal team and external client relationships. This position will cover the Midwest, Pennsylvania and Maryland markets.
This position will be based in the Philadelphia, Baltimore, or Pittsburg area to be able to provide leadership presence in the region.
- Implement the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of all areas of construction within his/her scope
- Lead, promote and comply with all Company policies and procedures. Ensure compliance with operational processes across the team. Support on-going development of policies and procedures with new ideas and recommendations.
- Responsible for simultaneous, multiple projects from start to finish
- Plan, assign and direct all work; appraise performance; resolve issues
- Ensure quality deliverables for all projects while meeting required time and budgetary restrictions
- Supervise Construction staff to resolve all conflicts such as failure of subcontractors to perform in a timely manner, quality of work issues, and compliance with Company processes and procedures
- Manage and supervise field personnel; provide on-going performance feedback and conduct annual performance appraisal
- Provide coaching and course correction for team members as needed
- Serve as the escalation point of contact for day to day operational inquires and issues
- Supports the preparation of weekly and monthly reporting on project progress in a timely manner
- Visit jobsites on an ongoing basis as needed
- Participate in the hiring and training process for new employees
- Prepare reporting on project statuses and costs on a routine basis
- Accountable for but not limited to the following KPIs:
- on-time completion of renovation projects,
- on-time and accurate project estimates,
- budget performance,
- $ per day (construction completion pace)
- QC Pass rate
- % Of jobs requiring additional cost to lease
- on-time completion and accurate bid performance, construction staff productivity and quality performance of renovations
Other duties as requested by Management
- Experience as a Director of Operations in construction or a production environment
- Five years of prior experience in involving scoping, estimating, bidding, scheduling, and off- and on-site management; management of a full-service residential renovations general contracting group is preferred
- Knowledge of current contracting and building standards and requirements
- Analytic problem-solving skills
- Strong ability to manage, multi-task and communicate effectively
- Must have project management skills with strong planning and execution
- Must be strong in the use of technology tools including proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially Excel
- Familiarity with a variety of property management and construction management software
- Experience in timely reporting of project statuses and costs
- Leadership skills and ability to management a diverse workforce is required
Sylvan Road Capital, LLC and its affiliates is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other classification protected by Federal or State Law.
Reports to: Vice President of Operations - Construction Direct Reports include Senior Renovation Managers in all assigned markets
Compensation and Benefits Summary:
Status – Full-time Exempt Salary – Commensurate with Experience and Education Other Benefits – Comprehensive medical / dental / vision insurance; Vacation and paid holidays Company 401K
Sylvan Road Capital, LLC
BusinessView all jobs at Sylvan Road Capital, LLC