Looking for a career in education outside the classroom? Join the Sylvan team where you have the opportunity to engage, motivate and inspire students to learn.
Sylvan Learning of West El Paso is accepting applications for the Director of Education position. The Director of Education is responsible for ensuring the educational integrity of Sylvan Learning programs through interaction with Sylvan staff, students, and parents. The Director of Education oversees all students’ learning plans, as well as directs instructional staff on best practices and Sylvan standards.
· Training and managing instructional staff and providing support during lessons
· Monitoring each student’s individual program to determine best course of instruction, ensuring programs meet both Sylvan standards/requirements and individual student’s educational needs
· Conferencing with parents to address any needs or concerns
· Communicating with school teachers to better support individual student’s needs
· Take inquiry calls/meet with walk-ins and provide in depth information about Sylvan’s programs
· Maintain professional, continuing communication with parents, teachers, staff, and students through telephone calls, email and written correspondence, and in-person conferences
· Bachelor’s Degree in Education or related field
· State teaching credentials (current or expired)
· Minimum one or two years of teaching experience preferred
· Availability to work daytimes during the week, minimum of two evenings per week, and alternating Saturdays.
· Professional written and verbal communication skills
· Familiarity with common office computer programs (Word, Excel, etc) preferred.