The Bartender is responsible for providing consistent excellent service to guests/patrons of the bar/lounge and setting up, maintaining and operating the bar in an efficient and profitable manner.
What you will be doing
- Maintain a complete knowledge of all bar menu items and answer questions/make recommendations on menu/alcoholic selections to guests.
- Mix and serve alcoholic and nonalcoholic beverages for patrons of the bar and dining room following standard recipes and using specified measurements of alcohol as set by the said recipe.
- Issue, open, and serve wine/champagne bottles.
- Record transactions in POS at time of order.
- Present physical and accurate check to guests and process payments.
- Notify manager of any liquor/inventory shortages immediately.
- Arrange bottles and glasses to make an attractive display and merchandise drinks.
- Slice and pit fruit for garnishing drinks accordingly and ensure fruit or other food items are acceptable to safe and sanitary food handling principals.
- Follow state liquor laws and check identification of customers, to ensure that they are of legal drinking age.
- Follow your property’s approved alcohol awareness training program at all times to ensure that alcohol is not over served to a guest.
- Set up and maintain cleanliness at all times of bar unit, tables, and other tools.
- Stock ice, glassware, and paper supplies. Restock bar with liquor and supplies.
- Wash soiled glassware and remove soiled wares from bar top and tables and place in designated area.
- Complete closing duties which include but are not limited to: restocking items, turning off lights, count bank at end of shift, complete designated cashier reports, resolve any discrepancies, drop off receipts, and secure bank. Secure liquors, beers, wines, coolers, cabinets, and storage areas.
- Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards, anticipate and address guests’ service needs, and thank guests with genuine appreciation. Speak with others using clear and professional language.
- High School education or equivalent.
- A minimum of one (1) year experience as a bartender.
- Must possess a thorough knowledge of the hospitality industry and have sound customer service skills.
- Knowledge of proper cleaning techniques, requirements, and use of equipment in the Bar
- Knowledge of beer, wine and spirits and familiarity with standard drink recipes.
- Ability to work on POS equipment.
- Ability to communicate satisfactorily with guests, management, and co-workers
- Must be 21 or older
- Must follow all liquor control measures including drink portion controls and the bottle requisition policy of the property.
Syl's Restaurant & Lounge
Why Work Here?
73 year old Steakhouse that has great reputation
Downers Grove, IL