Sylmar Health and Rehabilitation Center is a locked psychiatric facility. We are currently seeking Licensed Vocational Nurses (LVN's) for our residential mental health treatment program for men and women.
- Provide basic patient care and treatment.
- Collaborate with registered nurses to administer prescribed medications.
- Sterilize and prepare medical tools and equipment.
- Educate and update patients on medical treatments.
- Attend all mandatory staff and in-service meetings.
- Performance of all assigned daily duties.
- Monitors Resident safety.
- Crisis intervention and management.
- Assists the RN Supervisor with supervision of the CNA's.
- Performance of all other duties requested by supervisor.
Qualifications / Essential Skills:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Basic computer skills.
- Good time management skills.
- Ability to work as a “Team Player”.
- Must uphold and maintain professional behavior at all times.
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Dependability and good work ethics.
- Ability to build a rapport with the residents while consistently treating them with dignity and respect.
- Experience in mental health and substance abuse populations preferred but not required.
- Ability to work with patients in a manner that is productive and coincides with patient treatment goals.
- High School Diploma or its equivalent.
- Licensed Vocational Nurse (must be current & in good standing)
- 7am-3:30PM/ or 3:00PM-11:30PM on a rotating schedule: 4 days on, 2 days off
For those who are both interested and qualified please send us your current resume for review!
Sylmar Health & Rehabilitation Center is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.